Report View says word count is n/a
Thread poster: itKara

itKara
Italy
Local time: 01:14
Italian to English
Dec 20, 2010

I have just completed one of my first translations with Studio 2009 and need to send in the word count (No matches, Fuzzy matches and 100% Matches) to the client, as each type of match has a different rate. Unfortunately when I go to Report View all areas of the word count show n/a. Can anyone help me understand what I need to do to see the word count? Do I need to save the document differently?

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you save the bilingual document? Dec 20, 2010

You need to save (CTRL-S or click on floppy symbol) your bilingual document in order to be able to see the analysis report.

You may also run a analysis separately using the "Batch Tasks" command.

Walter

itKara
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Is the bilingual file the .sdlxliff file? Dec 20, 2010

I tried the batch task and it gave me a final word count, but not the division of matches.
Is the bilingual file the .sdlxliff file, or another format?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you go to the "Reports" view? Dec 20, 2010

If you save your bilingual document (YES, that is the SDLXLIFF - simply hit CTRL-S while you have the file open in the Editor), go to "Project - Batch Tasks - Analyze Files" and run this, then switch to the view "Reports", you will see a report labelled "Analyze Files Report", which gives all the details incl. all fuzzy match bands.

However, be aware that you should have run this before you started the translation. If you run an analysis now, you will probably get all 100% matches because all the segments you translated are now in your TM.

Walter

itKara
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Aha! I didn't run it before starting the translation! Dec 20, 2010

This is exactly the problem, it DOES show all New Matches! So, now as I am about to begin my next translation I shall run the batch task before I begin working on it! It should work this time around. Thanks for your patience Walter, you've really helped me out here!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Report View says word count is n/a

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search