How to open a PDF file with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3?
Thread poster: Lecram
Lecram
Local time: 08:41
Dec 20, 2010

How can a PDF file be opened with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3?

Everytime I want to open a PDF file with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 the message "Error when pre-tweaking file: Ein Aufrufziel hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht" appears.

What does this error message mean?

Direct link Reply with quote

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:41
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Studio can't really do PDF.. Dec 20, 2010

..with some exceptions. I would never trust Studio with PDF-files. This so-called feature is just a marketing gag. There are much better PDF converters around, but even then you'd still have to edit the result BEFORE loading it into Studio, or any other CAT tool, for that matter.

I know of a very good PDF conversion tool, which I might let you know about if you send me a message.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
PDF without a text layer Dec 20, 2010

This means you are trying to open a PDF document which is a scanned copy of a hardcopy document; in other words, it is an image. Studio can only handle PDFs with a text layer, i.e. PDF exports from editable formats.

Use an OCR software (e.g. ABBYY Fine Reader) to export the PDF into Word and open the Word export in Studio.

[Upraveno: 2010-12-20 21:11 GMT]

Lecram
TOPIC STARTER
How can a PDF file be opened with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3? Dec 29, 2010

Thank you very much for your answers.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a PDF file with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search