Thread poster: Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Sweden
English to Estonian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2010

Hi there,

I have been having some issues with Trados over the years. Lots of error messages appear and such error examples are not even mentioned under Trouble-shooting.
Could anyone please advise what could be the reason? A major mistake done when installing the software?

These are the problems I came across today when trying to do a simple cleaning up in order to have a target text withhout hidden source text: I go to Workbench, add the file to be cleaned up int
... See more
Hi there,

I have been having some issues with Trados over the years. Lots of error messages appear and such error examples are not even mentioned under Trouble-shooting.
Could anyone please advise what could be the reason? A major mistake done when installing the software?

These are the problems I came across today when trying to do a simple cleaning up in order to have a target text withhout hidden source text: I go to Workbench, add the file to be cleaned up into the field, change the option "Update translation memory", click the button Clean Up and Close. Clean up is done and the window is closed. I have 1 extra file BAK but both the file which was cleaned and the new file BAK consist only the source text.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, when I tried to do the alignments of a source and a target file, an error occurred saying:
(40005): An exception occurred! .....

Many thanks to you if you could help me.

Ave from Estonia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with Trados Freelance 7.0

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »