Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Estonia
Local time: 22:45
Member (2009)
English to Estonian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2010

Hi there,

I have been having some issues with Trados over the years. Lots of error messages appear and such error examples are not even mentioned under Trouble-shooting.
Could anyone please advise what could be the reason? A major mistake done when installing the software?

These are the problems I came across today when trying to do a simple cleaning up in order to have a target text withhout hidden source text: I go to Workbench, add the file to be cleaned up into the field, change the option "Update translation memory", click the button Clean Up and Close. Clean up is done and the window is closed. I have 1 extra file BAK but both the file which was cleaned and the new file BAK consist only the source text.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, when I tried to do the alignments of a source and a target file, an error occurred saying:
(40005): An exception occurred! .....

Many thanks to you if you could help me.

Ave from Estonia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issues with Trados Freelance 7.0

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search