Thread poster: Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:02
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2010

Is there a way to filter the Editor grid for unique strings? There is a predefined "duplicate segments" filter, and I think something quite opposite would be much more useful when reviewing your translation.

While we are at it, what is the regular expression in Studio for strings ending in a particular character, say, a period or colon? I must say that this is one set of regular expressions too many for me to learn (I used the link provided in the help file). Why can free software like Olifant have a lot more useful predefined filters, but SLD Trados makes you do your homework and learn new regular expressions?

Wouldn't it also be great to have two sets of filters - one for Source and one for Target strings? This way you could e.g. filter for source strings that contain the word ABC and target strings that do not contain the word XYZ etc. I'm pretty sure I've posted such an idea on the SDL website, but so far to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

here here to all of the above Dec 21, 2010

The filter bar could also use some speeding up via keyboard accessibility, thus far not available:

1 enable a keyboard shortcut to activate (go to) the filter dialog box
2 a keyboard shortcut to filter either for source or for target (Enter works for whatever is selected (source or target). It would be more useful to have Enter for source, and (say) Ctrl-Enter for target. I often flip between the two, and it's annoying to have to have to find the mouse to do this.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering in Studio

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search