Save target document Studio 2009 Pro
Thread poster: María Gabriela Sessa

María Gabriela Sessa  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:43
English to Spanish
Dec 22, 2010

I have a serious problem! This is the second time it happens.
Ifinish my translation and when I try to save the translation in word document format it gives an error: Error al guardar el contenido de destino: An error occurred while converting the document back to Microsoft word format: one or more end tags do not have a matching start tag.
I did the verification with F8, and all the tags were ok, no errors,
Please, help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:43
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Try this forum post Dec 22, 2010

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/149657-sdl_trados_studio_2009_unable_to_save_target_to_word.html

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The error message is clear: you have deleted a starting tag Dec 22, 2010

so now you need to restore it.
Use the F8 to verify your document and rectify reported errors.
Should there be no errors reported, go to Tools - Options - Editor and switch to "Show all tags, but do not show formatting". Then go to File types, click the plus sign besides the corresponding format, chose Tag verification and deselect Ignore formatting tags.
Now repeat the verification by pressing F8.
For the future remember to keep formatting tags as pairs in your segments and if you need to delete them, always delete the starting AND the corresponding end tag. However, if you do not know what tags are for better leave them where they are.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save target document Studio 2009 Pro

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search