Thread poster: Simone Duverger

Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 14:05
Member (2010)
French to German
Dec 24, 2010

Hello everyone,

I downloaded Trados Studio 2009 yesterday, it is the first time I use some CAT tool.

This morning I try to install the software, but at the end of the file extraction I got following message:
"Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation."

My problem: downloading this software took me about 3 or 4 hours!!!!! So if I start again I would be sure that the new copy is ok. But I only got one download link for this software (I've got two others for Multiterm and Trados 2007), should I retry the same link or rather write to the Trados support to send me a new one?

Sorry if this is a "stupid" question but I don't have any idea what to do, I really would like trying my new Trados before Christmas Eve icon_wink.gif

Thank you,

- Simone -

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:05
English to Dutch
+ ...
Download manager Dec 24, 2010

Hi Simone

This is a common problem with SDL downloads. You'll have to do it again, I'm afraid. It works better with a download manager (e.g. Easy Download Manager http://www.brothersoft.com/easy-download-manager-download-405101.html ) , which is a small utility that makes sure you get the complete files. Install that first, then download again. It might even be faster that way. Try to use a better Internet connection.

Good luck!

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 24, 2010

Thank you, Marinus!

No problem, I will try again, I only asked myself if I would be have the same problem using the same link again. I will use the Download Manager this time and hope that I can try Trados tomorrow as Christmas present icon_smile.gif

Have a nice day and a good Christmas Eve,

- Simone -

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:05
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Reinstall? Dec 24, 2010

I had troubles (.NET framework, t2009 file corrupted etc.) once with my Trados 2009 installation on my new PC. When I repeated the translation, the message never appeared again. Why not retry installation before another downloading.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
New download almost finished :-) Dec 24, 2010

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I had troubles (.NET framework, t2009 file corrupted etc.) once with my Trados 2009 installation on my new PC. When I repeated the translation, the message never appeared again. Why not retry installation before another downloading.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

That's the problem: I can't install! I tried several times, the extraction begins and at the end I get the error message! The two other files are ok. I restarted the download with a download manager 1 hour ago and - I can't believe it! - it will be finished in 3 minutes!icon_smile.gif

I'll tell you if it's better now...

Thanks!

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
New errror message... Dec 24, 2010

I'm trying to install the new file, now I get the message: "Some files could not be created
Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart this installation" !!!!!

I reboot, but if it doesn't work I give up... for today!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
What kind of Internet link do you have? Dec 25, 2010

Simone Duverger wrote:

My problem: downloading this software took me about 3 or 4 hours!!!!!
- Simone -

This is very unusual as the file is 280 MB large. Such a download should not take longer than half an hour even if you don't have the highest bandwidth.

The problem you describe is definitely due to the fact that the file you downloaded is corrupt, so you'll have to redownload and redo the installation.

Walter

France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Installation was ok in spite of the messages Dec 27, 2010

Thank you Walter,

I don't know what happened, in spite of the error messages I got Studio installed! As it is the first time I use Trados, I began with Translator's Workbench 2007 and let Studio a bit in stand-by. If there should be any problem, I'll try another time (the third!) and if there's still a problem I'll write to the Trados support.

To answer your question: I used nothing special to download the file (so it took more than 3 hours), the second time I used a download manager and it was much faster.

Best regards,

- Simone -

Ktotud
Local time: 15:05
Russian to Arabic
+ ...
"Trados Studio 2009 installation problem Dec 27, 2010

Hello there!

I have purchased official Studio 2009 and Multiterm 2009.
But I cannot even install them at all!

When it comes to Activation Utility installation, the installer crashes and says "The program will terminate. Close the program?"

Almost the same occures about MT.

I have contacted an SDL developer but she couldn't help me.

I even tried to disable UAC, antiviruses and log in as a real administrator as recommended in the SDL Solution Finder but no results!

I think the problem is that I'm using 64-bit version of Window 7, right?
But these two products are declared to be fully compatible with this version!

If anybody could help me to solve this issue, I would very grateful!
Thank you in advance

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:05
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Studio activation Dec 27, 2010

Ktotud wrote:

I think the problem is that I'm using 64-bit version of Window 7, right?
But these two products are declared to be fully compatible with this version!

No, that is probably not it. Many colleagues have the same configuration and it works fine.

If it's only the activation routine, SDL support is your best bet (don't know who you talked to, but it probably wasn't support).

Ktotud
Local time: 15:05
Russian to Arabic
+ ...
SDL vs. Win7 Dec 28, 2010

Marinus Vesseur wrote:

No, that is probably not it. Many colleagues have the same configuration and it works fine.

If it's only the activation routine, SDL support is your best bet (don't know who you talked to, but it probably wasn't support).

Yes, that's far more strange, but I still think some program or a Win7 built-in component prevents it from being installed properly.
But which one? I don't know.
Anyway, thank you for your advice.

P.S. I've had a Webex session with Sofie from SDL, if you need it

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 installation problem: files corrupted

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search