Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio (X)

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2010

Hello,

I have a bilingual text (German+English) in which I only want to translate the English part. No problem at all: I have use the replace function in Word (colour from German text into the Trados Style "External"), so now I can not open the German text with Trados and I can perfectly work only with the English part...

But....

Trados seems to skip untranslated segments by its own. If I put the cursor in one English segment and I open it, there is no problem, but if I then use the function "Open next segment" or "Fuzzy Match", it goes 3, 4 or even more segments lower, so at the end I have to check segment by segment... which is quite time-consuming. It is as if those segments were also protected (with External style), but if I specifically go to them, I can open them!!! (which of course does not happen with the German parts: no way to open them, as it should be)

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not open some untranslated segment when using External Style

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search