Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio (X)

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 07:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2010

Hello,

I have a bilingual text (German+English) in which I only want to translate the English part. No problem at all: I have use the replace function in Word (colour from German text into the Trados Style "External"), so now I can not open the German text with Trados and I can perfectly work only with the English part...

But....

Trados seems to skip untranslated segments by its own. If I put the cursor in one English segment and I open it, there is no problem, but if I then use the function "Open next segment" or "Fuzzy Match", it goes 3, 4 or even more segments lower, so at the end I have to check segment by segment... which is quite time-consuming. It is as if those segments were also protected (with External style), but if I specifically go to them, I can open them!!! (which of course does not happen with the German parts: no way to open them, as it should be)

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not open some untranslated segment when using External Style

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search