Thread poster: Francisco Mar Rubio

Francisco Mar Rubio  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 01:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 27, 2010

Hello,

I have a bilingual text (German+English) in which I only want to translate the English part. No problem at all: I have use the replace function in Word (colour from German text into the Trados Style "External"), so now I can not open the German text with Trados and I can perfectly work only with the English part...

But....

Trados seems to skip untranslated segments by its own. If I put the cursor in one English segment and I open it, there is no problem, but if I then use the function "Open next segment" or "Fuzzy Match", it goes 3, 4 or even more segments lower, so at the end I have to check segment by segment... which is quite time-consuming. It is as if those segments were also protected (with External style), but if I specifically go to them, I can open them!!! (which of course does not happen with the German parts: no way to open them, as it should be)

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados does not open some untranslated segment when using External Style

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search