SDL Trados Studio 2009 & PSMA
Thread poster: Temperance
Temperance
Italy
Local time: 22:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2010

I currently have SDL Trados Studio 2009 and a PSMA agreement which I will have to renew next year in February. I am wondering if the PSMA is worth the cost. What do you think about it?

If I renew it, I will have "another year of free product updates, full version upgrades, and direct access to SDL Trados support teams." but what does it mean? If there is a new version of Trados (Trados Studio 2011), will I have it at no extra cost with the PSMA?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 04:09
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Valuable Dec 27, 2010

It has been discussed before. See: http://tha.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/143426-psma.html

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Temperance
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What about updates and upgrades? Dec 27, 2010

Thank you, I saw that post but it's only about support. I would like to know whether a new Studio 2011 and/or other updates would be free if I have the PSMA agreement.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
It is is a product support + "maintenance" agreement ... Dec 29, 2010

... which means that you receive all product upgrades for free as long as your PSMA runs.

Personally, I consider a PSMA to be very interesting especially for freelancers because they get a lot for a rather low cost (20% of the price of the SW).

This means that for a flat rate of roughly 200 euros a year you get not only access to support, but also all product upgrades for free. It is convenient as you only need to budget these 200 euros a year and you know that there will not be any other cost as long as you renew your agreement. This is real "peace of mind". If you run into a problem and lose 2-3 hours of your time trying to solve it, you would have already recovered your investment if SDL support helps you solve the problem.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 & PSMA

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search