Thread poster: Noha Mostafa

Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:21
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 28, 2010

I have an HP G62-a46EE with Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office 2010. After installing Trados the the SDL Multiterm icon only appeared in the main menu of Word but the SDL Trados icon was not available.
After asking colleagues, I copied it to the macros template and the SDL Trados icon appeared on Word for some time but disappeared again. It gave an error 5995.

Could anyone help me to install the SDL Trados icon permanently on Word.
Your kind help is highly appreciated.

[Edited at 2010-12-28 11:00 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 11:21
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
SDL TRados Studio 2009 Dec 28, 2010

If you remind of T2007, SDL TRados Studio 2009 works without Word interface anymore [It can works even without Word/Office on your PC]. Trados 2009 template in Word is not functional for translation.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:21
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Icon no Available on the Main Menu Dec 28, 2010

I know the interface of 2009 is totally different but I still use Trados 2007 on word until I finish my training on 2009.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 05:21
French to German
+ ...
Copy the TRADOS8.DOTM template Dec 29, 2010

The procedure has been described numerous times on this forum (have a look at the 'sticky' post on top!)and includes copying the TRADOS8.DOTM template to your Word startup folder.

If you use Word 2010, make sure you copy the .DOTM template and not the .DOT one. Delete the .DOT one.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2010-12-29 10:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL Trados Icon in Word

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search