Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 19:54
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 28, 2010

I have an HP G62-a46EE with Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office 2010. After installing Trados the the SDL Multiterm icon only appeared in the main menu of Word but the SDL Trados icon was not available.
After asking colleagues, I copied it to the macros template and the SDL Trados icon appeared on Word for some time but disappeared again. It gave an error 5995.

Could anyone help me to install the SDL Trados icon permanently on Word.
Your kind help is highly ap
... See more
I have an HP G62-a46EE with Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office 2010. After installing Trados the the SDL Multiterm icon only appeared in the main menu of Word but the SDL Trados icon was not available.
After asking colleagues, I copied it to the macros template and the SDL Trados icon appeared on Word for some time but disappeared again. It gave an error 5995.

Could anyone help me to install the SDL Trados icon permanently on Word.
Your kind help is highly appreciated.

[Edited at 2010-12-28 11:00 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:54
English to Thai
+ ...
SDL TRados Studio 2009 Dec 28, 2010

If you remind of T2007, SDL TRados Studio 2009 works without Word interface anymore [It can works even without Word/Office on your PC]. Trados 2009 template in Word is not functional for translation.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Noha Mostafa
Noha Mostafa  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2008)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados Icon no Available on the Main Menu Dec 28, 2010

I know the interface of 2009 is totally different but I still use Trados 2007 on word until I finish my training on 2009.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Copy the TRADOS8.DOTM template Dec 29, 2010

The procedure has been described numerous times on this forum (have a look at the 'sticky' post on top!)and includes copying the TRADOS8.DOTM template to your Word startup folder.

If you use Word 2010, make sure you copy the .DOTM template and not the .DOT one. Delete the .DOT one.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2010-12-29 10:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL Trados Icon in Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »