Slovakia
Local time: 11:01
English to Slovak
+ ...
Dec 28, 2010

MultiTerm SP3 - 8.5.166.0 as part of the TS09 Pro installation
running on a Win74 (64-bit)

When attempting to create a new Termbase the following error message displays:

Retrieving the COM class factory for the component with CLSID {5EE7FC2F-BE14-4979-AF01-76271D7EE291} failed due to the following error: 8007007e

Attempted to google around for a solution (proz/talisma) for the above error however to no succes. Eventhough, I noticed that other users had a similar error message number when opening TB along with an ITD file or similar, tried to apply that patch process - did not help.

Anybody has come across this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you try to use the "Activate MT 2009" item? Dec 28, 2010

Check if Side-by-Side tools has been installed on your PC.
They should be located in the same program group as Multiterm.
If so, use the task described above.
Otherwise double click this file C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\_Activate2009.cmd to let it run.
If all this does not help, double click this file C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\_Repair2009.cmd

Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
French to German
Perhaps corrupted files? Dec 29, 2010

I've got a similar error when I try to create a database (and I can't even open an existing database because of a connection error!)

I remember that while installing the Studio 9 package, during the file extraction, there were some files containing an error or which couldn't be downloaded. As the installation was ok, I thought it would be all right.

Now, several errors in MT, I ask myself if it is not because of the corrupted files. I'm removing all SDL 2009 from my harddisk and I'll repeat downloading another time. If you don't find any solution, try to do the same, it seems that often downloading has to bee repeated because of corrupted files.

Best regards,

- Simone -

mkmet_lexika
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm 2009 Activate2009 & Repair2009 failed Dec 29, 2010

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Check if Side-by-Side tools has been installed on your PC.
They should be located in the same program group as Multiterm.
If so, use the task described above.
Otherwise double click this file C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\_Activate2009.cmd to let it run.
If all this does not help, double click this file C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\_Repair2009.cmd

Thanks for the tip Jerzy!

I ran the Active2009 command, which resulted in the following error message:

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SDL\MultiTerm8\MultiTermMtServer\MultiTermMtServer.dll"
The file can't be found.

Then I run the Repair2009.cmd which noticed the same missing file plus two additional problems:

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {A1CC3003-50E3-4EBA-965A-377250B576BF} /l*v "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\Reinstalling 2009 core.log"

Problem executing command: C:\Windows\system32\msiexec.exe /f {6416EEE2-6332-45FC-B63B-8E14F8A73991} /l*v "C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTermSideBySide\Reinstalling Studio 2009.log"

Checking those two log files was not much helpful (could not deduce what could have gone wrong).

Would you suggest to proceed with the full re-install or something else?

Thanks

Michal

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The issue is connected to a wrong version of Side by Side tools Dec 29, 2010

Go to Control Panel, chose Programs (or Software or Add/remove programs, sorry I don't remember the exact name for each Windows OS) and deinstall SDL MultiTerm SideBySide Tools. Uninstall all MultiTerm components too, then reinstall MultiTerm 2009 SP3, this should also install the proper SideBySide tools version and repair the problem.

mkmet_lexika
Slovakia
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Works now :-) Dec 30, 2010

I have removed the application, installed it anew and it seems to be working properly now! Thanks for the tip!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 09 error 8007007e when creating new TB

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search