Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:51
Member (2010)
French to German
Dec 30, 2010

Hello,

Still me…

I try to use Multiterm 2009 with Workbench 2007.

I created a database, I chose “Terminological recognition” - everything is fine, I can get my terms during translation in Word.

My questions:

1) If I add terms in my database via Multiterm, these new terms don’t appear in the terminological recognition. How can I update the base I’m using for my translation? Must I go back into “Terminological recognition” and chose the database again?

2) I saw that I could add terms to the MT base directly from Word 2003 during translation. There should be a MT toolbar (written in the manual: “When SDL MultiTerm is installed, the installation process adds the MultiTerm menu and toolbar to Word 2003”) I reinstalled the 2009 package for the second time yesterday, I don’t want to do it again because everything seems to be fine… except that I don’t have the famous MT toolbar in my Word!

Any suggestion how to install the addin without doing all the installation again?

Thank you,

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Toolbar Issue Dec 30, 2010

Hello,

This could be due to a number of things:

1) Multiterm8 not enabled under Modèles et compléments
2) Not copied to the Word Démarrage folder
3) Registry issue not registered properly
4) If you use Show Quick Term Entry from the Toolbar, the term should appear immediately

Also depends on the OS if it's Vista, you need to right-click on Register Trados 2007 in the Trados folder under SDL International - SDL Trados 2007 and select Run as Administrator

Bernard

Simone Duverger  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
French to German
TOPIC STARTER
Run as administrator: still no toolbar Dec 31, 2010

Thank you, Bernard.

Yes, I've got Vista, so I tested to run the application as administrator but still no toolbar.

I think too that something wasn't copied into Word but I don't know what and where to verify and what to copy where

If I use Workbench and Multiterm, I've got the terms appearing properly in the WB-window, there is no problem. Now I discovered that I can add them via this window, so I think I'll give up my tool bar research.

Thanks a lot and have a happy New Year!

- Simone -

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT2009: no MT toolbar in Word 2003 and how to update the termbase

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search