Bilingual unlceaned files
Thread poster: Sarah-C
Sarah-C
Local time: 02:01
Dec 30, 2010

I have translated a project using Trados Synergy 2007. My client wants the bilingual unleaned files, but I don't know where to find them. I have completed the project and can see the cleaned files, but not the other ones. How/where do I see them the bilingual unlceaned files? And I also didn't get the BAK.files in my project, so I have no idea what to do now.

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 08:01
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
T2007 *.ttx files Dec 30, 2010

By using Trados Synergy 2007, you should have translated with WorkBench+TagEditor. The *.ttx file is bilingual (source + target texts) unclean file. Check for its save location. Alternatively, if you translate with WorkBench+MS Word, the file with Trados tags is the bilingual file (on cleaning the file, you get the *.bak file as bilingual unclean file as well).

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Sarah-C
TOPIC STARTER
workbench+ms Dec 30, 2010

Ok, so I used Workbench+Ms Word. In its save location I seem to have the Cleaned file
(12 000kb) and another file that is 41 000 kb. Could this be the uncleaned file? It ends with .doc and it's in Rich Text Format for some reason.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change the setting of your Windows to show you all file extensions Dec 30, 2010

Typically Windows hides file name extensions - change this.
As you do not inform us about your OS just refer to Windows help or Microsoft Knowledge Base on MS homepage.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual unlceaned files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search