THAI language in Frame maker
Thread poster: lalaliew
lalaliew
Local time: 03:16
Jan 4, 2011

Hello,

I need help, is urgent.

I am newbie for using Trados 2007 S-tagger for convert language to THAI language.

I cannot find THAI in Target language when need to set the Document language to convert the MIF file to STF?

Is Trados 2007 S-tagger support THAI language?

Your advise will be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 02:16
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Yes Jan 4, 2011

You select the Asian/Non-Western language group and font as graphic for Thai in the S-tagger program. The main problem of FrameMaker with Thai is FM version that supports Thai. FM7.0 and FM9.0 do but not FM8.0 unless you use a special hardlock/software for Thai font coding. Corrupted display of Thai fonts after MIF--STF--MIF conversion is partially due to settings of Thai in S-tagger for FM. Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it. In general, I use SDLX or Trados 2009; it has less trouble with Thai.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

lalaliew
Local time: 03:16
TOPIC STARTER
Fail to do so Jan 4, 2011

Hello Professor Lupkitaro,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Frame maker that I use is FM7.2.

I have change the target language to Asian (Japanese) and check the the character set to "symbol". However the result come out is question marks for whole page even I have apply the THAI character style. Am I miss out something?

"Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it."
Is it I can search from SDL support center? I will try it later.

Lalaliew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

THAI language in Frame maker

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search