THAI language in Frame maker
Thread poster: lalaliew
lalaliew
lalaliew
Local time: 21:46
Jan 4, 2011

Hello,

I need help, is urgent.

I am newbie for using Trados 2007 S-tagger for convert language to THAI language.

I cannot find THAI in Target language when need to set the Document language to convert the MIF file to STF?

Is Trados 2007 S-tagger support THAI language?

Your advise will be appreciated.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 20:46
English to Thai
+ ...
Yes Jan 4, 2011

You select the Asian/Non-Western language group and font as graphic for Thai in the S-tagger program. The main problem of FrameMaker with Thai is FM version that supports Thai. FM7.0 and FM9.0 do but not FM8.0 unless you use a special hardlock/software for Thai font coding. Corrupted display of Thai fonts after MIF--STF--MIF conversion is partially due to settings of Thai in S-tagger for FM. Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it. In general, I use SDLX or Trados 2009; i... See more
You select the Asian/Non-Western language group and font as graphic for Thai in the S-tagger program. The main problem of FrameMaker with Thai is FM version that supports Thai. FM7.0 and FM9.0 do but not FM8.0 unless you use a special hardlock/software for Thai font coding. Corrupted display of Thai fonts after MIF--STF--MIF conversion is partially due to settings of Thai in S-tagger for FM. Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it. In general, I use SDLX or Trados 2009; it has less trouble with Thai.

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

lalaliew
lalaliew
Local time: 21:46
TOPIC STARTER
Fail to do so Jan 4, 2011

Hello Professor Lupkitaro,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Frame maker that I use is FM7.2.

I have change the target language to Asian (Japanese) and check the the character set to "symbol". However the result come out is question marks for whole page even I have apply the THAI character style. Am I miss out something?

"Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it."
Is it I can search from SDL support center? I will
... See more
Hello Professor Lupkitaro,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Frame maker that I use is FM7.2.

I have change the target language to Asian (Japanese) and check the the character set to "symbol". However the result come out is question marks for whole page even I have apply the THAI character style. Am I miss out something?

"Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it."
Is it I can search from SDL support center? I will try it later.

Lalaliew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

THAI language in Frame maker

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »