THAI language in Frame maker
Thread poster: lalaliew
lalaliew
lalaliew
Local time: 00:24
Jan 4, 2011

Hello,

I need help, is urgent.

I am newbie for using Trados 2007 S-tagger for convert language to THAI language.

I cannot find THAI in Target language when need to set the Document language to convert the MIF file to STF?

Is Trados 2007 S-tagger support THAI language?

Your advise will be appreciated.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:24
English to Thai
+ ...
Yes Jan 4, 2011

You select the Asian/Non-Western language group and font as graphic for Thai in the S-tagger program. The main problem of FrameMaker with Thai is FM version that supports Thai. FM7.0 and FM9.0 do but not FM8.0 unless you use a special hardlock/software for Thai font coding. Corrupted display of Thai fonts after MIF--STF--MIF conversion is partially due to settings of Thai in S-tagger for FM. Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it. In general, I use SDLX or Trados 2009; i... See more
You select the Asian/Non-Western language group and font as graphic for Thai in the S-tagger program. The main problem of FrameMaker with Thai is FM version that supports Thai. FM7.0 and FM9.0 do but not FM8.0 unless you use a special hardlock/software for Thai font coding. Corrupted display of Thai fonts after MIF--STF--MIF conversion is partially due to settings of Thai in S-tagger for FM. Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it. In general, I use SDLX or Trados 2009; it has less trouble with Thai.

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

lalaliew
lalaliew
Local time: 00:24
TOPIC STARTER
Fail to do so Jan 4, 2011

Hello Professor Lupkitaro,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Frame maker that I use is FM7.2.

I have change the target language to Asian (Japanese) and check the the character set to "symbol". However the result come out is question marks for whole page even I have apply the THAI character style. Am I miss out something?

"Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it."
Is it I can search from SDL support center? I will
... See more
Hello Professor Lupkitaro,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Frame maker that I use is FM7.2.

I have change the target language to Asian (Japanese) and check the the character set to "symbol". However the result come out is question marks for whole page even I have apply the THAI character style. Am I miss out something?

"Trados Knowledge has explanations on this. Please search for it."
Is it I can search from SDL support center? I will try it later.

Lalaliew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

THAI language in Frame maker

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »