https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/188759-word_error_%22would_you_like_to_save_the_changes_brought_to_trados8%22.html

Word error: "Would you like to save the changes brought to TRADOS8?"
Thread poster: Alain Alameddine
Alain Alameddine
Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 05:27
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 4, 2011

Hello all,

I just installed SDL Trados 2007 (Synergy, with the Workbench) on a laptop on which Office 2003 is already installed.

Whenever I close Microsoft Word, I get the message: "Would you like to save the changes brought to TRADOS8?". It's not such an issue, but it can get very annoying.

I checked all the forum posts on this issue, as well as a couple of SDL articles, but none helped.

Any solutions?...
See more
Hello all,

I just installed SDL Trados 2007 (Synergy, with the Workbench) on a laptop on which Office 2003 is already installed.

Whenever I close Microsoft Word, I get the message: "Would you like to save the changes brought to TRADOS8?". It's not such an issue, but it can get very annoying.

I checked all the forum posts on this issue, as well as a couple of SDL articles, but none helped.

Any solutions?

Alain
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you have any other active templates in Word? Jan 4, 2011

This is usually the reason.
If not, you can save the changes once, then go to Word startup folder and set the Trados8.dot as write protected.

Alain Alameddine
Lebanon
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nope, Jan 4, 2011

That didn't help...
I only have the "Wordfast" template.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
And if you remove the WF template? Jan 4, 2011

You can remove the template by simply changing its name to Wordfast.dox instead of dot

Alain Alameddine
Lebanon
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Jan 4, 2011

I thought about your suggestion, and I just removed a "Live" toolbar. Now it works fine. Thank you Jerzy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word error: "Would you like to save the changes brought to TRADOS8?"

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »