Thread poster: David Rumsey

David Rumsey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:51
Member (2004)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jan 4, 2011

I cannot seem to add terms to MultiTerm 2009 termbases from my TagEditor in Trados 2007. The "Add term" under the right-click menu TagEditor appears, but the options to "Set as Target", "Set as Source" and "Submit to MultiTerm" are greyed out.

When I try to add the terms to MultiTerm directly using MultiTerm 2009, the program simply freezes and hangs.

The client is requesting that I use TagEditor with Trados 2007 instead of Studio, which they cannot handle. That is
... See more
I cannot seem to add terms to MultiTerm 2009 termbases from my TagEditor in Trados 2007. The "Add term" under the right-click menu TagEditor appears, but the options to "Set as Target", "Set as Source" and "Submit to MultiTerm" are greyed out.

When I try to add the terms to MultiTerm directly using MultiTerm 2009, the program simply freezes and hangs.

The client is requesting that I use TagEditor with Trados 2007 instead of Studio, which they cannot handle. That is fine. But the only version I have of MultiTerm is 2009.

I tried unclicking the Java settings in another post, but that did not help.

Any other suggestions!?
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:51
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try this hotfix Jan 4, 2011

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2852&p=1

But I would nevertheless recommend to use Studio.
You customer is expeciting you to deliver a TTX file.
So what you need is to open the TTX file in Studio and translate it.
If you wish to keep a 100% compatibilty with T2007, use Workbench to pretranslate the TTX file (against an empty TM) with the opti
... See more
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2852&p=1

But I would nevertheless recommend to use Studio.
You customer is expeciting you to deliver a TTX file.
So what you need is to open the TTX file in Studio and translate it.
If you wish to keep a 100% compatibilty with T2007, use Workbench to pretranslate the TTX file (against an empty TM) with the option "Presegment unknown sentences" activated. Then open this TTX file in Studio and go to the Translation menu and use "Clear draft segments" to remove source text from tartet segments.
Collapse

pietervertaler
Netherlands
Local time: 22:51
English to Dutch
+ ...
Not possible to add terms to Multiterm 2009 from TagEditor (Trados 2007) Jan 31, 2011

I'm not sure if the solution suggested worked for the topic starter. However, I have the same problem and I checked out the link that should provide the hotfix. However, it doesn't say anywhere where this can be downloaded from. I googled the name of the zip file and it doesn't return any hits. Any useful advice - that avoids the need of re-installing and reregistering - would be most welcome!

Rachid Bouderka
Lithuania
Local time: 23:51
Member (2011)
English to French
The files are just there Jun 13, 2011

pietervertaler wrote:

I'm not sure if the solution suggested worked for the topic starter. However, I have the same problem and I checked out the link that should provide the hotfix. However, it doesn't say anywhere where this can be downloaded from. I googled the name of the zip file and it doesn't return any hits. Any useful advice - that avoids the need of re-installing and reregistering - would be most welcome!

pietervertaler, you can find the zip files in the link provided up here. When follow the link, on the right side of the page are the zip files that are stated in that article. I didn't try them myself but I hope this will be of some help for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding terms to MultiTerm 2009 with Trados 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search