System field info not displayed in Workbench
Thread poster: pietervertaler
pietervertaler
Netherlands
Local time: 15:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Ever since I've installed (rather: was forced to upgrade to) Trados Studio 2009 I no longer see system info in the Workbench. Though not a vital feature, it is quite an important one, especially for editing purposes.

Please can someone tell me how to get this info back? I've tried each and every menu item; and as usual the wordy Trados help is of no use at all.

I'd be very grateful!

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
There is no WORKBENCH in Studio Jan 5, 2011

I am not sure, I understand your question. What do you mean by "system info in the Workbench"? There is no Workbench anymore in Studio 2009. "Workbench" is part of the 2007 version of Trados and is not used when you work with Studio.

Walter

pietervertaler
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: System field info not displayed in Workbench Jan 5, 2011

Hi Walter,

Indeed you are right. Dunno how I do it. Well, forget about the Studio thing (although I DO have it) and let's pretend I'm still using 2007.....(Version 8.0 Freelance).

Does that help?

Thanks!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
I can only guess Jan 6, 2011

Perhaps you mean the option "Show project settings" in the "Translation Memory Options" (tab 'General'). If it is not this one, I suggest you check all the other options to find out which one will bring back what you are expecting (although I still do not know from your description what you are missing).

Walter

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
view Jan 6, 2011

You may be talking about the details you can view (and toggle on and off) by going to View>Big Windows.
Or the Menu Bar also under View>Toggle Menu on/off.
HTH

pietervertaler
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: System field info not displayed in Workbench Jan 6, 2011

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I guess I need to be clearer.

I'm talking about the left hand information column that normally appears in Trados Workbench - well, it normally appeared in my Workbench before my Workbench got downgraded because of the upgrade.....

It's the column, or field, or whichever name you'd like to give it, where you see info such as: Date the translated segment was created, changed, by whom, etc.

I've gone through all options already, checking them, unchecking them, etc.

And what keeps puzzling me: although I have indeed purchased an upgrade to Trados Studio, the Workbench info still says it's part of Trados 2007 (Version 8.0 Freelance, build 863). Though I don't know if that info is helpful in any way.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Have you tried my suggestion? Jan 6, 2011

Now you have given more details, I'm sure that you can solve this I recommended above.

Have you tried View>Big Windows ?

pietervertaler
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
RE: System field info not displayed in Workbench Jan 6, 2011

Emma, you're a miracle worker!! I had first misunderstood your solution (and to be honest, it just sounded too simple to be true - I was afraid it would require something really drastic!

I feel such a computer nitwit now (well, that is basically what i am, so nothing surprising there!

Thanks a million!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

System field info not displayed in Workbench

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search