Thread poster: aSchwienbacher

aSchwienbacher
Germany
Local time: 08:11
English to German
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hi everyone,
I am currently trying to work with the Demo version of Trados Studio 2009 and I have problems with the most basic function: when I open a word document with my source text via "open document" and start typing my translation I always receive the following error warning:
"One or several files for translation in this project have already been concluded and can therefore not be added to the package. Reset those files to bilingual before creating the package".
As far as I know there is no other file in this project, since I have opened only this single word doc. for translation. Neither have I ever tried to create a package and therefore I do not understand why I get this warning.
I would be very grateful for any kind of help.
Thanks a lot in advance and kind regards,
Alexandra

[Edited at 2011-01-05 19:29 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did you open this document previously? Jan 5, 2011

What file do you try to open via "Open document"? Is this the source file again?
When you already started a translation of a single file you MAY NOT use the "Open document" command to reopen this particular file for continuing the translation but you MUST go to the Files view and open the file listed there.

aSchwienbacher
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've already saved the file once more under another name Jan 5, 2011

Thank's for your advice, maybe that was the problem at first. But I have even extracted the text once more (it's on the internet) and saved it (as a word doc.) under another name. Then I opened it once more via "open document" but the same error warning appears. Even if I haven't worked with the file before.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Strange a bit indeed Jan 5, 2011

Please go to Projects view. Then right click any project which might be in any way related to the file you translate and select "Remove from list".
Now make sure the file you want translate is stored LOCALY on your HDD or on a network you can all the time access. Files on the Internet are not accessible all the time - did you really try to translate a file from the Internet without storing it somwhere on your computer?

Open the local file using the TM used previously.

aSchwienbacher
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados deinstalled and still the same problem Jan 6, 2011

Nothing has worked...
Of course I saved the file as word doc. locally on my computer. As I still could not translate it I finally tried to deinstall and reinstall Studio. And I still have the same problem. All the time I am told that I cannot create a package, since some of the translations in the project are already concluded, although I did never even try to create a package.
I have no idea what to do next.

If there is anyone from SDL support reading this comment, I would like to ask you what you would recommend me to do.

Thank's a lot
Alexandra

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
What does your Project view tell? Jan 6, 2011

Are you trying to use "Open document" command?
Sorry for the question, but I try to understand correctly what are you doing.

Please try to remove these files:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\UserSettings.xml
and from ...\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\Projects\projects.xml

I hope this can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error warning in Trados Studio 2009 - files for translation already concluded

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search