Problems opening htm files
Thread poster: ilehmann

ilehmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:14
English to German
Jan 6, 2011

Hi

I am having problems opening html files with SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2 that are part of a compiled online help. If a save a webpage as htm and open the document in Trados the file opens fine. The project settings are set to include htm files.

I'm at a loss here.
Thanks, Ilona

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:14
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
My method Jan 6, 2011

I prefer opening html files in SDL Edit [T2007 package: SDLX] and translate in T2009 since html tags are handled/preserved more efficiently e.g. metatags, hyperlinks, keywords for search engine etc. The final html files can be saved out of SDL Edit on the final stage. T2009 TM is, of course, used effectively.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I don't have SDL 2007 Jan 6, 2011

Dear Soonthon

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I do not have SDL2007, so this is not a solution for me.

regards, Ilona

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Found the solution! Jan 6, 2011

I just searched this forum and found the solution to my problem here http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/145427-supporting_html_files_in_trados_studio.html

But how am I going to change approx. 800 files comfortably?

Ilona

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
How shall that be possible? Jan 6, 2011

Ilona Brophy-Lehmann wrote:

Dear Soonthon

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I do not have SDL2007, so this is not a solution for me.

regards, Ilona

SLD Trados 2007 Suite is part of SDL Trados Studio 2009.
Could you please be more precise in terms of the problems you have? Unfortunately I do not read in your description, if the files won't open or open with error messages or open with distorted characters. I fully understand your frustrtation because of the problems you have but I also have a problem and can't help you with undefined problems. Please describe exactly what you were doing (creating project, opening single files) and what was the result of your work.

On a side note: the current version of Studio is SP3, so maybe you just need to update the software.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems opening htm files

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search