SDL Trados 2009: An error occured while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format
Thread poster: Caroline Lett

Caroline Lett  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:49
French to German
+ ...
Jan 6, 2011

AU SECCOUUUR

Bonjour,

je travaille sur SDL Trados Studio 2009.

Je dois traduire un fichier (manuel d'utilisation pour materiaux hospitalier, avec plein de dessins) Microsoft Word et donc enregistrer le cible sous Microsoft Word, MAIS une message d'erreur s'afiche:

"Echec de l'enregistrement du contenu cible: An error occured while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format: Possible field(s) deletion"

Merci pour vos réponses, c'est URGENT

Caro

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The error message is clear: you have deleted a field tag Jan 6, 2011

Even if I do not understand French I understand the error message.
Please use F8 to verify your document and insert all reported missing tags.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
OK, but if you delete field... Jan 6, 2011

you will not be able to save target.
TBH I do not really understand why you are getting errors for segments which are untranslated, but still - if you translate a segment you may not deleteany field tags.

Please also note, that the language of this forum is English. Not French and not German, but just English to make sure you (and other posters) can get maximum of the help available.

French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I deleted nothing Jan 6, 2011

I recieved the error message only for the first line I translated the other lines aren't already translated... so there was marked 455 messages: file not translated.

I deleted nothing... the source file is a MS Word document, but with many drafts. Will I never be able to save my target file, what shall I do?

Thank you by advance

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 06:49
English to French
+ ...
Something I've done in the past Jan 6, 2011

Create a new empty Word document, copy the content of your Word document in it, save it under another name, try putting it into Trados again. You could also save it as a txt document before putting it into Trados.

Sometimes it works!

[Modifié le 2011-01-06 13:38 GMT]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are there no tags in the first translated segment? Jan 6, 2011

And you still keep getting this error message? Strange indeed.
It is however possible, that your Word document is the problem itself.
Please try to use Open & Repair function in Word on this file, save it again and test.
If this does not help, try saving the file in a different format, ie Word 2007.
Open the file in OpenOffice and save as Word again.
Check, if after opening the file without any translated segment you are able to save it back.

What do you mean by "the source file is MS Word, but with many drafts"? Do you mean pictures or dou you mean track-changes?

French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Message Erreur dans SDL Trados 2009 echec de l'enregistrement cible Jan 6, 2011

There are many pictures, yes.

I already opened a new TM on server, so the source file wasn't changed and I am able to save the document in MS Word.

Thankyou for your help,

Have a nice day

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2009: An error occured while converting fields back to Microsoft Word format

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search