Can I send a file in Studio 2009 to someone who has 2007?
Thread poster: itKara

itKara
Italy
Local time: 13:17
Italian to English
Jan 6, 2011

I have been assigned a translation by a client who has Trados 2007, and I recently purchased Studio 2009 (for the first time, it is not an update of a previous version). Can I expect problems on their end when I send back the translation? Is there a way for me to convert my final translation into a format that is compatible with 2007? Thank you for you help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Prepare a TTX file before you start translating in Studio Jan 6, 2011

If you just prepare the files with Trados 2007 (TTX format) you can translate them with Studio and deliver to anyone using T2007.

However, if you need to get the translation from someone having only T2007, you will neither be able to send Studio files nor will you get Studio files back. This cooperation remains as it was before - via TTX.

itKara
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
I received the files in Word Jan 6, 2011

Ok, that's sounds promising. I received the files in Word, so if I prepare the files in TTX and send them back in TTX it should work out?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This will work Jan 6, 2011

If you want 100% compatibility use the Translate function in Workbench with an empty translation memory and activate the "Presegment unknown sentences" option. This way your TTX file will be segemented exactly as would you have translated it with T2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I send a file in Studio 2009 to someone who has 2007?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search