InDesign file - Can't Save Target As Original File Format
Thread poster: pgschreier

pgschreier  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 21:39
German to English
Jan 7, 2011

Hi,

In Studio, I'm editing an InDesign file (inx.ttx.sdlxliff).

First, for some unknown reason, I'm suddenly getting this error message:

"QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components.
Java class not found: com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties

File type ID: Trados InDesign Filter 1.0.0.0"

Further, I am no longer able to use the menu item "Save Target As -> Original File Format" -- and this I must be able to do!

I did nothing to my system other than accept the automatic Trados upgrade the other day. I've rebooted, but made no other system/software changes.

Can anyone please provide a fix or solution?

Thanks, this group is great!

-- Paul

PS: This software, which my clients insist I use, is sooooo frustrating!!!!!

Direct link Reply with quote

Switzerland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL suggested fix does not work Jan 7, 2011

By the way, the solution on the SDL website

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=2679&r=0.2375743

does NOT solve the problem.

-- Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
InDesign through TTX Jan 7, 2011

Hi Paul,

I guess you are referring to http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2679&p=1 (the easiest way to get a link to a KB article that works is to select bookmark from the righthand menu of the KB and then copy the url shown).

I think you have two different problems here. The first, the Quickinserts error, is usually resolved by registering SDL Trados 2007 here Start > Programs > SDL International > Trados > Register SDL Trados (Version number) or by running the selfregister.bat which is placed by default in C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT.

The second problem relates to you not being able to save the target INX after creating a TTX and then converting this to SDLXLIFF. For this to be successful you need to make sure you have the original INX in the same folder as the TTX created from it. This isn;t necessary had you done INX to SDLXLIFF but with this intermediary step it is required.

Regards

Paul

Switzerland
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Jan 7, 2011

Hi Paul,

I very much appreciate somebody from SDL taking the time to respond, thanks!

However,

1. QuickInserts error
I have tried both registration methods (from the Start menu and with the batch file), and the problem still exists. The error message continues to pop up when I open the file.

2. Saving target INX
Because I set this up as a project, I assumed all the files would be in the proper place. Just to be sure, I put a copy of the original inx.ttx file in both language pair folders (de-CH and en-US).
As before, the Saving Source Content... dialog box appears, but the application just hangs and I have to go to the Task Manager to get out of Trados.

Any further ideas?

Thanks
Paul
(direct e-mail paul &&&a**t^^^ pspr.biz)

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which Trados version did create the TTX file? Jan 7, 2011

If it was anything older than 8.3.0.863 I dare to say it will make problems.
Can you ask the customer for the original INX? Then create the TTX with Trados 8.3.0.863 including the latest filter update (talisma article 3368) and then try again...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Handling the INX Jan 7, 2011

pgschreier wrote:
1. QuickInserts error
I have tried both registration methods (from the Start menu and with the batch file), and the problem still exists. The error message continues to pop up when I open the file.

If you didn't create this yourself then it would be worth checking where the TTX came from as Jerzy suggests. Please feel free to send me the TTX and I will happily take a look too - pfilkin@sdl.com

pgschreier wrote:
2. Saving target INX
Because I set this up as a project, I assumed all the files would be in the proper place. Just to be sure, I put a copy of the original inx.ttx file in both language pair folders (de-CH and en-US).
As before, the Saving Source Content... dialog box appears, but the application just hangs and I have to go to the Task Manager to get out of Trados.

It isn't the TTX you need in the same folder. I'm referring to the INX itself that was used to create the TTX. If you don't have this because you were only given a TTX by your client then you cannot save the INX.

In Studio it is possible to embed the INX into the SDLXLIFF and then you can always recover the source from the SDLXLIFF itself without needing a copy of the original. But with TTX this is not possible.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

InDesign file - Can't Save Target As Original File Format

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search