T2007: Runtime error when saving a file
Thread poster: Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 05:36
English to Finnish
Jan 7, 2011

Hi,

We've started experiencing runtime errors on our workstations when we try to save our work files in TagEditor. File type doesn't seem to be important, since this has happened on both HTML and Idiom-segmented TTX files.

Problems started after installing Cumulative File Format Filter Update for SDL Trados 2007 Suite and all recent Trados 2009 Studio updates (SP3 + CU 8). I've installed all the necessary C++ library updates and even the latest CU9 which reportedly also includes C++ runtime library updates.

All workstations were updated identically but only half are experiencing the runtime errors (TAGEDITOR.EXE). I'm really hesitant in reinstalling all our workstations because of this.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:36
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Could you try to run "Register SDL Trados 2007" on the affected machines? Jan 7, 2011

You find it via Start - Programs in Trados program group.

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that Jan 7, 2011

Tried that already. No help.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Any Java updates in the meantime? Jan 7, 2011

I assume the runtime is a Java error?

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
No, it's C++ error Jan 7, 2011

The error dialog is titled ”Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library”.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Would a repair installation of C++ help? Jan 7, 2011

Could you also compare an affected machine with a healthy one? Are there any differences in C++ installation? Different update status or so?

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Sort of solved... Jan 12, 2011

Healthy and Unhealthy computer have different set of C++ updates. Actually there are no identical C++ update installations on any computer!

After fiddling around with Repair option and selfregister.bat, I rendered my Trados totally inoperable (crash on start and selfregister.bat and Repair). I managed to get it work again by uninstalling MultiTerm 2007 and Side-by-side Tools. The downside is that now connection between Workbench and MultiTerm is again broken.

Oh well.

I'll try to build an environment with Trados 2007, Trados 2009 and MultiTerm 2009, ditching MultiTerm 2007 completely.

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Everything works now! Jan 12, 2011

I (magically) got everything to work now.

I had to uninstall Trados 2007, MultiTerm 2007 and MultiTerm 2009 (+ side-by-side tools etc), then re-install Trados 2007 SP3 + Cumulative Filter Update (Sept 2010), MultiTerm 2009 SP3 + RepairSDLMultiTerm2009SP3.exe from talisma article #3420.

Now Trados 2007 works and I can link to MultiTerm 8 databases without errors.

Atso

P.S. I find it strange that running Repair command for Trados 2007 actually broke the software even worse (crash on launch). Logical, eh?

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
My joy was premature... Jan 13, 2011

I was so blinded by joy when I got Trados 2007 to launch again that I didn't remember to check if I'm able to save files again. It turns out I'm not. Runtime error is back.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T2007: Runtime error when saving a file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search