Thread poster: Katja Schoone

Katja Schoone  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:56
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 9, 2011

I have upgraded my Trados 2007 licence to Studio 2009. I returned my 2007 licence. Installed Studio and Trados 2007, activated the licences online entering the relevant activation code and was told ".... has been successfully installed!"

And that's true, everything works fine, however, every time I start the computer the SDL 2007 Installer pops up telling me: "Trados 2007 has already been installed."

It's not a big problem, if I click it shut, it does not reappear in the same session and everything works fine. However, I am curious why it comes up at all and whether there is a way to make it stop.

Thanks a lot!

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 18:56
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
Reinstall the Windows? Jan 9, 2011

My PC permanently shows this message for my MS Office programs. I repeatedly repaired based on Google search suggestions on Windows Installer errors with no avail. I finally redo installation of my Windows XP OS or I might have had a number of subsequent troubles e.g. failure to install new versions of my Trados 2009 etc.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Oleg Karnaushenko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:56
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Maybe Alcohol or some other virtual drive? Jan 9, 2011

Alcohol is mounting virtual drive images at every Windows start, and after mounting Autorun is executed.
If so, you may unmount image from virtual drive or disable CD/DVD autoruns.

Regards, Oleg

Katja Schoone  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:56
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Soonthon/Oleg Jan 9, 2011

Soonthon: Thanks for your reply. I think the solution would be to reinstall Trados, not Windows as it is the Trados Installer which pops up and not the Windows. I thought there would possibly be an easier way to deactivate the pop-up then to reinstall it, but maybe not.

Thanks for your reply as well, however, this seems not to be the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Installer pops up on every restart of computer

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search