Problem with spellchecking in SDLx (windows 7, Office 2010)
Thread poster: JulietteC
JulietteC
JulietteC
Local time: 14:25
English to French
Jan 9, 2011

Hi,

I have the following problem:

I just bought a new laptop, with Windows 7 and Office 2010 Starter installed on it.

I reinstalled SDL Trados 2007, which works fine, apart from one thing: each time I open an itd file, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Word does not seem to be installed on this machine. Spellchecking will be disabled".

I don't know what I can do? (I think Office Starter is supposed to be the "normal" word)
... See more
Hi,

I have the following problem:

I just bought a new laptop, with Windows 7 and Office 2010 Starter installed on it.

I reinstalled SDL Trados 2007, which works fine, apart from one thing: each time I open an itd file, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Word does not seem to be installed on this machine. Spellchecking will be disabled".

I don't know what I can do? (I think Office Starter is supposed to be the "normal" word)

I then installed a trial version of Office 2010 Family and student to see if the problem is resolved, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Did anybody have the same problem?

Is it possible to activate word spellchecker in sdlx with Office starter ?

And if not, how can I activate it with Office 2010 Family and student?

Thank you,

Juliette.
Collapse

JulietteC
JulietteC
Local time: 14:25
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Another issue Jan 9, 2011

I now reinstalled again the trial version of Office 2010 Family and student, and the spellchecker seems to work (check spelling and check grammar options are now available).

The only remaining problem is that when checking the file, the spellchecker also propose solutions that are not in French (French word but also unknown words), and when I go to Tools, Options, Spelling and grammar checking, "Checking language" field is blank and I cannot select any language. (The available langu
... See more
I now reinstalled again the trial version of Office 2010 Family and student, and the spellchecker seems to work (check spelling and check grammar options are now available).

The only remaining problem is that when checking the file, the spellchecker also propose solutions that are not in French (French word but also unknown words), and when I go to Tools, Options, Spelling and grammar checking, "Checking language" field is blank and I cannot select any language. (The available languages do not appear).

Would anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks a lot,

Juliette.

[Edited at 2011-01-10 09:48 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with spellchecking in SDLx (windows 7, Office 2010)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »