How to add Trados 2009 SP2 (Professional and/or Freelance) files to Trados 2007 project
Thread poster: pritha

pritha  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:19
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
Jan 12, 2011

I am a new user of Trados 2009 SP2 (Professional version (standalone system) at office and Freelance version on my own laptop), and wish to ask how Trados 2009 files are inserted into a Trados 2007 project.

The corresponding question would be how are Trados 2007 files inserted into a Trados 2009 project?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:49
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You cannot open Studio files in T2007 Jan 12, 2011

So there is no way of adding any Studio files to Trados 2007 projects.
The other way is smple, as you just take TTX files from Trados 2007 and open them or add them to projects in Studio.

BTW, why do you use outdated software? Is there any particulr reason not to update to SP3?

[Edited at 2011-01-12 14:34 GMT]

pritha  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 12:19
Member (2011)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Complex usage Jan 17, 2011

Thank you for the reply...

A lot of translators/agencies that I have come across still use Trados 2007 ... hence the question... since integration of Trados 2009 files into their systems is an isuue, they prefer using the software in its older version...and ask if I can do the same too...otherwise they prefer files in the end format specified etc. ..I can of course continue working on these files in Trados 2009 myself...

I am now reading up about SP3 and hope to upgrade to it ASAP...hesitate in doing so due to the complexity of the system..

For ex. I have previously posted in a forum reg. the difficulty in integrating MT termbases into projects...due to which, when I'm in a rush (a lot of times) ... I simply avoid adding these to a project to avoid delaying my work... defeats the purpose of using Multi Term in the first place, but one has to work around to reach a solution since delivery is the ultimate goal...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add Trados 2009 SP2 (Professional and/or Freelance) files to Trados 2007 project

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search