Thread poster: xxxMilena Bosco
xxxMilena Bosco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:31
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 13, 2011

Hi all,

I have been working with Trados 2007 for a few years now, but now I will be working together with a colleague using the same PC at times.

For this purpose I have to add new language pairs to the 'Translation Memory' section.

My problem is though, that I cannot find how I can possibly add language pairs to the ones I have installed for my own usage when I purchased Trados 2007. Somewhere I read that one can add pairs by reinstalling the software, but I am far to hesitant to do this, fearing that this might break things that now are working fine.

So does anyone know of a way (other than reinstalling the software) to add new language pairs to the Translation Memory of Trados 2007?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Reinstall the software Jan 13, 2011

this is the only way to add a language.
You can however play with language codes in an exported translation memory file in txt format. The same is possible for TTX files. So if you just need to review a file, I would simply change the language settings in the TTX to match a TM in a language pair you have and use this.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
you can try a registry hack Jan 13, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

HTH
Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 -> Adding language pair?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search