Thread poster: xxxMilena Bosco
xxxMilena Bosco  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 13, 2011

Hi all,

I have been working with Trados 2007 for a few years now, but now I will be working together with a colleague using the same PC at times.

For this purpose I have to add new language pairs to the 'Translation Memory' section.

My problem is though, that I cannot find how I can possibly add language pairs to the ones I have installed for my own usage when I purchased Trados 2007. Somewhere I read that one can add pairs by reinstalling the software, but I am far to hesitant to do this, fearing that this might break things that now are working fine.

So does anyone know of a way (other than reinstalling the software) to add new language pairs to the Translation Memory of Trados 2007?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Reinstall the software Jan 13, 2011

this is the only way to add a language.
You can however play with language codes in an exported translation memory file in txt format. The same is possible for TTX files. So if you just need to review a file, I would simply change the language settings in the TTX to match a TM in a language pair you have and use this.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
you can try a registry hack Jan 13, 2011

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/148435-how_to_change_default_5_languages.html

HTH
Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 -> Adding language pair?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search