50052 inconsistent data, please reorganize...
Thread poster: Daniel Weston

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:26
French to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2011

I've seen the many entries regarding this error, but none of them address the question that I have. Here is the issue:

I received a TM from a client for a weekend job. The file I received is a TMW file with the index files having the same root name. I wanted to work on the translation using Studio, so I opened the TM in Workbench and tried to export to tmx format. That's when I got error 50052, inconsistent data, reorganize or export/import. Since I can't export, my only solution is reoganize. It seems to be stuck Analyzing.... no count is displayed, just Analyzing... for couple of hours now. I don't know how many TUs are in the file. How many hours is reasonable to wait? I tried created the index files using an emtpy TM with the same name, and then re-copying the TMW from the email I received, but I get the same issue.

The TM does work with Workbench and TagEditor - but I don't what to use TagEditor.

Anyone have any ideas? I could ask the client for a txt, but I'm not sure if they will be around over the weekend.

**Additional information - there are 15,671 TUs in the file and the Analyze function is stuck at 100 - I tried using "mainteance" but I can't see anything wrong with any of the TUs around #100

[Edited at 2011-01-15 06:13 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:26
English to Russian
If you don't have to return the updated TM, Jan 15, 2011

use Menu>Tools>Upgrade Translation Memories in Studio. That will upgrade TM to the new (Studio) format and you can use that translating the file(s) with Studio.
Even if the client wants the TM back, there's a workaround for that as well. After translating the files, export from the Studio TM into tmx, and then import it into the Workbench TM format.

United States
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Can't updgrade either... Jan 15, 2011

Alexey Ivanov wrote:

use Menu>Tools>Upgrade Translation Memories in Studio. That will upgrade TM to the new (Studio) format and you can use that translating the file(s) with Studio.
Even if the client wants the TM back, there's a workaround for that as well. After translating the files, export from the Studio TM into tmx, and then import it into the Workbench TM format.

Thank you Alexey. Of course I tried upgrading to the Studio format, your solution was my plan all along! Unfortunately, the upgrade died as well, it couldn't export the TMW either. I think the file is corrupt. I asked the client for a TXT file which I recieved, but there are only about 100 TUs in the new file. The analysis report generated with the file to be translated seems to agree with the original one they sent me, so I am assuming that the units I received are the units that relate to the file tile I am translating.

I guess I will let them know that their file is corrupt. I'd still like to know if there is a way to recover the file in case it ever happens to one of my TMs.

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:26
English to Russian
Just a guess Jan 15, 2011

Inconsistent data may mean different target/source languages in the 2 TMs: the host TM and the one you export/upgrade into, e.g. EN-GB instead of EN-US or FR-FR instead of FR-CAN, they must be exactly the same as in the source TM. I am afraid this is the last idea that occurs to me besides checking the SDL knowledge Base and following advice. I am sure yuo have done that already.

United States
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same SL and TL in both TMs Jan 15, 2011

I wish it were that simple. Thank you for your suggestions. I'm going to discuss it further with the client...it seems they are the ones who need to help me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

50052 inconsistent data, please reorganize...

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search