https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/189653-pagemaker_files_dont_open_in_tag_editor.html

Pagemaker files dont open in Tag Editor
Thread poster: roak
roak
roak
United States
German to English
Jan 15, 2011

I have pagemaker 7.0 installed on my system and Trados 2007.

When I try opening one of the pagemaker files in Tag Editor, the file does not open and an error with the number 8003 saying that format is not recognized is displayed. Is there any resolution for this at all. Tried searching the help files, but didnt help.

The custonmer has provided files in Pagemaker 6.5. The only version of pagemaker available to download is 7.0.2, which I did. Even that didnt help. The sam
... See more
I have pagemaker 7.0 installed on my system and Trados 2007.

When I try opening one of the pagemaker files in Tag Editor, the file does not open and an error with the number 8003 saying that format is not recognized is displayed. Is there any resolution for this at all. Tried searching the help files, but didnt help.

The custonmer has provided files in Pagemaker 6.5. The only version of pagemaker available to download is 7.0.2, which I did. Even that didnt help. The same error was shown.

Look forward to hearing from collegues.
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:26
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
SDL Trados comes with a lot of documentation Jan 15, 2011

Please try to follow the instructions in chapter "PageMaker Files" in the "SDL Trados 2007 File Formats Reference Guide" which should be available on your PC.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 20:26
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Is the Story Collector add-on installed in PageMaker? Jan 15, 2011

Sorry for the obvious question, but that is how the workflow intended for PM files works. You cannot open the PMD directly in TagEditor.

Please refer to Chap. 4 in the File Formats Reference Guide.

You may also want to refer
... See more
Sorry for the obvious question, but that is how the workflow intended for PM files works. You cannot open the PMD directly in TagEditor.

Please refer to Chap. 4 in the File Formats Reference Guide.

You may also want to refer to http://deu.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/156647-trados_2007_and_pagemaker_tagged_txt_files.html for solving some common problems.

Saludos

[Edited at 2011-01-15 23:58 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 08:26
English to Thai
+ ...
Story collector Jan 16, 2011

Jorge Payan wrote:

Saludos

Yes. Do not misunderstand omnipotence of Trados.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:26
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
File Format Reference Guide Jan 16, 2011

this document is to be found in your Trados program group, subgroup Documentation - just point to Start, Programs and so on and you get there.
It is worth reading, as it includes a detailed step-by-step description how to process various format. Pagemaker ist detailed described there, among others.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pagemaker files dont open in Tag Editor

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »