Setup wizard appears despite me having activated SDL
Thread poster: Nicolette Quigley
Nicolette Quigley
Local time: 18:36
German to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2011

Hi there,

I have the following - quite frustrating - situation.

On December 14, 2010 I purchased the Upgrade to SDL Studio 2009 Freelance Plus (you need a diploma to memorize that expression). I returned to old activation code, sent the new activation code according to the instructions given by the Trados employee, converted all the memories and now, exactly one month later on January 14, 2011 the setup wizard appears and asks me to enter 5 languages for initial setup (erstmalige Einrichtung).

Why is this? It is simply beyond me - why is my purchased and activated version reset to a demo or first time version?

Is there anybody out there who can help me?

I would also enjoy an answer in German. Trados' SDL knoweldge base is in English - of course - and does not provide a solution for that problem either.

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Nicolette

[Edited at 2011-01-16 18:58 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-01-16 18:59 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
A slight possibility is... Jan 16, 2011

that your program has entered the demo mode for the first 30 days and run as would you have the Professional license. After the first 30 days this license expires and you are requested to provide the five languages, as your license returns now to the Freelance state. What happens when you add the languages and finish the activation? Does it appear again?

Nicolette Quigley
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Afraid to inter languages Jan 16, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

I am afraid of entering the languages, because I do not remember exactly which languages I had intered the first time. And I am afraid of destroying the work I already performed so far. I alos wonder whether I would be forced to re-convert the memories.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Translation memories are stored in files Jan 16, 2011

and thus fully independent from the program.
Just check the projects you've done and the language pairs you configured in Studio to know which languages you've chosen.
I'm afraid without completing the setup you will not be able to continue.

What you can do is trying to use the Soultion Finder on http://talisma.sdl.com - it is listed in the top menu and reporting the situation to SDL Support on this way.

Nicolette Quigley
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Entered 5 languages and now it works Jan 16, 2011

I mustered my courage, entered the languages, loaded a memory, closed and re-opened studio and it still seems to work.

Thank you for your help, Jerzy!

Have a nice evening
Nicolette

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Setup wizard appears despite me having activated SDL

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search