Compatibility between Trados and Office Programs
Thread poster: gultekinmurat

gultekinmurat  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:22
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Until recently I was using Trados 6.0 with Office 2000 programs without any problems. Now upon installing Office 2007, I have experienced a problem. The Trados toolsbar and functions do not appear on the office file. I hope there is someone who knows the solution.
Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:22
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please copy the Trados8.dot template to Word startup folder Jan 18, 2011

Copy the Trados8.dot from SDL Trados 2007 installation folder to Word startup folder.
Please refer to Word help in order to find out where the startup folder is located and a file browser, Windows Explorer for example, to navigate on your HDD to find the installation folder of Trados.

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, but I still have problem Jan 18, 2011

Dear Mr. Czopik,
Thank you very much for your interest and help. I did as you suggested and the toolbar now appears under the add-ins tab; however when I try to work in a word file, and click the open or open/get buttons it does not work, and an error message appears, which says: "The macro cannot be found or out disabled because of your macro safety settings". Do you have any idea for this problem.
Thank you in advance.
Best Regards

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Change your macro secuirty settings in Word Jan 18, 2011

This is not a Trados problem, but a setting in Word.
I do not remember exactly how to do that in your Word version, but either you'll get there via Tools - Macros or you simply check the help.

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, still I have another problem Jan 18, 2011

I owe you thanks two times,
I have solved the problem as you suggested, but now when I click the open or open/get button, Trados cannot start, ie, cannot open the translating windows and gives the message "33353: end of paragraph not found" I would be more than happy if you have an idea for this failure, and help me.
Best Regards

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are most certainly reaching an end of a field Jan 18, 2011

Check if you have any fields in your segment to translate. Do not translate automated tables of contents or similar. If there is a page or section break, it must be preceeeded by a paragraph mark.
To make work with Trados easier in Word it is recommendable to show all non printable characters and to let fields be always shaded (Tools - Options - View). This way you will see exactly, if you have to deal with a field (not translatable, will be updted by pressing F9) or missing (sometimes also superfluous) formatting sings.
Looking from my experience over the past 20 years learing how to use Word including advanced formatting, styles and so on tends to be one of most important abilites of a nowaydas translator.

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No solution:( Jan 18, 2011

Dear Mr. Czopik,
Thank you for the kind interest you extended to me. I think, as a last resort I will install an older version of Microsoft Word and then retry.
Thanks a lot & Best Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility between Trados and Office Programs

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search