Thread poster: Agnieszka Wąs

Agnieszka Wąs
Poland
Local time: 04:42
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Hi,

Can you help with the following error that I encounter every time I try to load a translation memory with SDL Studio. The message goes as follows:
Could not load file or assembly
'System transaction: Version=2.0.0.0.
Culture=neutral
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. System nie może odnaleźć określonej ścieżki.

Thanks in advance

Agnieszka Wąs

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Any translation memory? Jan 18, 2011

Could you try to delete the setting files:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\UserSettings.xml

Agnieszka Wąs
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I have created a translation memory Jan 19, 2011

Yes, I have created a translation memory, but when I tried to upload it, I got this message that the path to the file cannot be found.
I have tried your solution, deleted the files and started SDL but it did not help.
I tried to google this error and it seemed to me that it may have something to do with .NET. I downloaded the newest version and installed it but nothing changed.

Doeas anyone have an iea what might be the problem? I will try to reinstall SDL today, maybe this will help.

HarryHedgehog
Germany
German to English
Same error after upgrading to Studio 2011 SP2 Aug 9, 2012

Resurrecting this old thread after getting a nearly identical error after upgrading to Studio 2011 SP2:

I started getting this error sporadically with my main technical TM, but I could still translate. I thought I could fix the problem by creating a new TM and transferring the contents from the old TM to the new TM, but then Studio refuses to open the new TM at all, with the above error message.

I did some googling of the error text, but all the links point to .NET developer sites. Is there an incorrectly compiled component somewhere in Studio 2011 perhaps? Has anyone else encountered this?

HarryHedgehog
Germany
German to English
Definitely a .NET / ASP problem Aug 10, 2012

The error message - including the PublicKeyToken - matches this thread at stackoverflow.com and this thread at Microsoft's ASP.net.

Both seem to indicate some kind of reference or compiling error in Trados 2011 SP2. So beware before you install. I couldn't find anything on the SDL Knowledge Base, so it seems they aren't even aware of the problem. But I can't even report it as a ticket without paying €215 for a support agreement, so something something double-edged sword...

[Edited at 2012-08-10 10:59 GMT]

HarryHedgehog
Germany
German to English
A little help would be nice Aug 19, 2012

I've tried any number of things over the last 9 days, including uninstalling and reinstalling my complete Trados software. Other than wasting a lot of my time, there has been no effect on the program's response.

Am I the only one who was dumb enough to install Studio 2011 SP2 on a Windows 7 computer?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... Aug 19, 2012

.... at pfilkin@sdl.com

I may have a solution for you... and as you hinted at this is something new that will be resolved very shortly. Nothing to do with installing on W7.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Could not load translation memory

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search