TradosTranslator'sWorkbench-red dotted line under ALLtranslation segments+segments cannot be edited
Thread poster: xxxDana88
xxxDana88
Local time: 08:34
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 18, 2011

Dear all,

I am encountering some problems with a translation of a text while using SDL Trados Translator's Workbench.

While I'm translating, a red dotted line appears under all the segments I've already translated. Moreover, when I want to go back to one of the segments previously translated in order to edit it, it just doesn't allow me to do it.

However, the translation memory works perfectly, as I tried to recreate the TT and use the 'translate to fuzzy' button. It translates everything. But again, as I try to go back to a segment, the same problem occurs. I don't know whether it is a problem of the source text or of workbench.

I have to hand the translation by the end of the week, so could anyone please try to help me? I'd appreciate it very much.

Many thanks to anyone!

Dana

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You are translating in Word? Jan 19, 2011

Then change the settings for automatic language recognition and/or switch the spell-checking off

xxxDana88
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I'm using word - how about the 'edit' problem? Jan 19, 2011

Ys, I am translating in word...
So, you don't think it is a problem of the source file?
How about the fact that it just doesn't allow me to go back to the segments already translated to edit them?

Thank you for your quick reply, I really appreciate that fact you're trying to help me.

Dana

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you not able to use "Open segment" if you click in one previously translated? Jan 19, 2011

This would be really strange...
What happens, when you click in any previously translated segment and press ALT+Home?

As for the spell checking: has nothing to do with Trados, it's a Word option and you will need to deal with it there.

xxxDana88
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, it doesnt let me open a segment previously translated, if it has the red dotted line... Jan 19, 2011

I'm not able to open the segment...because the red dotted line is under a whole segment, not only under words...it has nothing to do with the spell check then....
I can only open the segments which do not have this red dotted line...because if I want to open or open/get a dotted segment again, it just doesn't let me do it...

Anyway...I've managed to edit the text anyway, by making a copy of the document and by using the 'clean up' function in workbench...in this way the change goes into the translation memory....so everything is there, both in the text and in the memory....

That's really strange anyway, I really don't understand why it is happening....and it's absolutely not normal....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TradosTranslator'sWorkbench-red dotted line under ALLtranslation segments+segments cannot be edited

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search