Error when opening Trados Synergy 2007
Thread poster: kgk
kgk
Local time: 12:18
French to English
Jan 19, 2011

I have purchased Trados Synergy (2007) and until today, it worked perfectly. I was working on a file when suddenly, the program froze. When I tried to reopen it, I gor an error message saying "cannot open application" and then another "object reference not set to an instance of an object." I tried rebooting my computer to no avail. I was able to reopen the file in Tag Editor and Workbennch and to reconnect to my company's TM...biut I still can't open the Trados Synergy program. Any ideas?

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
In the forums Jan 20, 2011

See if this helps:

http://bel.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/142676-error_on_opening_synergy.html
http://fra.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/175480-macros_trados_and_synergy.html

I always open the programs directly from my program list. After using Suite 2007 since its inception, I only started accessing the Synergy screen about 6 months ago when one of my clients purchased Studio 2009 and we had to turn to receiving and sending packages. BTW, I have the 2009 license but continue postponing the installation because of the many upsetting situations reported by colleagues on a daily basis here in the Proz forums.

[Edited at 2011-01-20 01:01 GMT]

kgk
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
loading Trados synergy Jan 20, 2011

Thanks a lot! I also tried opening it from my program list, but that didn't work either. I was afraid I might have to reinstall the program so I will try that next.

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
What do you need Synergy for? Jan 20, 2011

Sorry but if you can open each application, Workbench, TagEditor, WinAlign, Passolo (in case you use it), from the program list, why in heavens do you need to open Synergy for?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when opening Trados Synergy 2007

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search