SDL Studio 2009 - Automatically copy source in segments with structure tag li+ (link)
Thread poster: Karin de Jong

Karin de Jong
Australia
Local time: 22:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Jan 21, 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know whether it is possible in SDL Studio 2009 Freelance to automatically copy the source ONLY in segments that have the structure tag li+ (these are links and should not be translated in my project). All other segments should remain empty if no translation is found.

I am translating a large TTX file in SDL Studio 2009 Freelance.

All help would be much appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:19
English
Better to use the correct ini in the first place Jan 21, 2011

Hi Karin,

If you are unable to get the original source file and then create a new filetype for it that correctly protects any text you don't want to translate; or the TTX after being created using an ini that correctly protects these tags, then you might be able to search for all the segments containing these elements in Studio and then lock them before translation. This way you don't translate them at all and when the target document is created the text used will be the source.

Alternatively copy source to target for everything and then skip the segments with this tag whenever you come to them.

Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding you altogether?

Regards

Paul

Karin de Jong
Australia
Local time: 22:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
INI does not solve the problem Jan 21, 2011

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have managed to create a new file type with the INI from the client, and add this to the project settings, but this does not solve the link 'problem'.

The link is not displayed in the content, but in the grey Navigation panel to the right of the side-by-side view in the editor (these are structure tags, as I found out trying to solve my problem). It has code 'li+' (instead of pa+ as all other text, paragraphs). When I doubleclick on this code li+, it gives me a description, that it is a link. These segments stay in English, and I'm just trying to find a quicker way to eliminate them from my translation, as there are a lot of them.

Also, I can't find any information anywhere about padlock symbols in the content of segments from the TM (imported from Trados 8). Any ideas about this?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2009 - Automatically copy source in segments with structure tag li+ (link)

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search