File Definition Filter Not Found Word2000_1_0_0_0.xml cannot open Tageditor
Thread poster: Elizabeth Jackson

Elizabeth Jackson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:53
Spanish to English
Jan 21, 2011

Hi There,

I am running Trados version 7 with Office 2003 and I get cannot use Tageditor as the following message appears when I try to open a document:

Error when using plug-in file filters. File Definition Filter Not Found Word2000_1_0_0_0.xml.

I have checked that Word2000_1_0_0_0.xml appears in the PluginFileFilterDefinitions.xml file and re-run the .bat file as administrator to no avail....

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Version 7 of Trados may not support opening Word in TagEditor Jan 21, 2011

I do not remember exactly, but AFAIR opening Word in TE was available from Trados 2006 on.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Version 7.1 Jan 21, 2011

Jerzy, if I'm not mistaken, Word documents in TagEditor is supported with version 7.1 and above.

And the upgrade from version 7.0 to 7.1 was free back in the time...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Might very well be... Jan 21, 2011

But the message says, the software can't find the filer for Word2000...
She wants to open a Word 2003 document. And the support request is for software outdated 5 years ago... Sorry, I do not have any idea how to deal with this problem. Upgrading to a more recent version will certainly be the best solution.

Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Working with Office 2003 Jan 21, 2011

Thanks for your help so far. I don't really understand why Tageditor is looking for a Word2000 file when I am working with Office 2003. Can anyone see the logic in that?

Also, is the suggestion to upgrade my version of Trados or to update my version of Windows?

Cheers

Elizabeth

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Did you create the Word document yourself? Jan 21, 2011

In other words: are you sure it's a proper Word 2003 document, and not a Word 2000 document? Not that I would think it makes a difference, but you never know...

The upgrade was regarding Trados. What exact version do you have, by the way? 7.0, 7.1 or 7.5?

Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Doc. created by customer / Trados 7.0 Jan 21, 2011

Hi Marie-Claude,

In answer to your questions: the document was created by the customer and I am working with Trados 7.0.

The funny thing is that my PC previously had Office 2000 installed before I loaded 2003. Since then I have uninstalled the 2000 version.

I am running the same version of Trados on my laptop with Office 2007 and although I have Tageditor conversion problems with it (!) I don't get this error message on there.

Thanks
Elizabeth

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Word documents in TagEditor not supported Jan 21, 2011

In theory, you shouldn't even be able to open a Word document in TagEditor 7.0. RTF (not Word) documents support was only introduced with version 7.1. Word documents were supported in version 7.5 (SDL Trados 2006) as Jerzy said earlier.

If you check in your SDL account, in the downloads area, maybe you will be able to see a link to the free upgrade to version 7.1.

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 22:53
English to Spanish
Convert your Word document... Jan 21, 2011

...to RTF.

This should help.

avsie  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
If... Jan 21, 2011

Carvallo wrote:

...to RTF.

This should help.

If she'd have version 7.1, yes. Not with version 7.0

Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Finally solved the Filter problem Jan 21, 2011

I uninstalled both Trados and Office, reinstalled them and then copied and pasted the PluginFileFilterDefinitions file from my laptop and hey presto.....Tageditor is now running smoothly. It seems that the problem stemmed from the old PluginFileFilterDefinitions file since it contained:

Word2000_1_0_0_0.xml

The workings of Trados are still a great mystery to me, but today I won!

Thank you all for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Definition Filter Not Found Word2000_1_0_0_0.xml cannot open Tageditor

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search