Licensing Trados Suite 2009 Failed - Help needed!
Thread poster: Maria San Martin

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:17
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 25, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I am in need of immediate help and I hope somebody in the States is awake to give me a hand (as I have to issue a 2800 word job tomorrow morning in the format!).

I have had the "Starter Edition" as a trial so far, combining with my former Trados Freelance 7.0. My "Starter Edition" has expired and I have bought the Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus today. ..

I have uninstalled ALL my previous Trados Freelance 7.0 AND "TS 2009 Freelance Starter Edition" of my computer and installed the new and official Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus .

BUT!!

After registrying my code, everything went just fine and then BLUFF! The expired Starter Edition appears and my license (even though it appears on the License Manager as registered and running) is not recognise and I cannot access my brand newly acquired programme.

What can I do?

I have uninstalled, unregistered - re-installed and re-registered the programme and the same story happens again and again.

Some clue on how to solve this puzzle?

Thank you very much

Direct link Reply with quote

Olieslagers
French Polynesia
Local time: 07:17
Member (2009)
Dutch to French
+ ...
Install Trados Suite first Jan 26, 2011

Did you install Trados Suite prior installing SDL Trados Studio?

Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:17
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for answering Jan 26, 2011

Hi dear,

the problem is, I installed the Starter version first, then it expired and now, after I installed the Trados Suite 2009 Freelance Plus, it doesn´t recognise the license.
I am afraid the "free" license is blocked in my computer.

But I have fortunately been able to install the free version on another computer and I am working on it,

So there is not so much of a hurry now. I have contacted my Trados support assistant and we will try and fix this problem tomorrow. I will record our progress in case it might help others in Proz.com,

In the meanwhile, any proposals are welcome!

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing Trados Suite 2009 Failed - Help needed!

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search