Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:27
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 26, 2011

Hi all,

The symbols -{}- appeared in the yellow bar as I was translating a sequence. I might have accidently typed in the blue bar before that so it might have been caused by that? After that Trados was running very slowly and wouldn't save and open a new segment, but simply only save it. I have switched my laptop of and reopened the document and it seems to be running fine again. However, in that specific sequence the symbols remain. Should I just delete them or might it interfere with the clean up? Or can I just delete them after the clean up? Would it then cause any problems for the agency when handling the document?

Thank you for any comments and help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Delete those characters Jan 26, 2011

Use repair document then.
And switch to TagEditor or better to SDL Trados Studio 2009.
Word interface is a dead end now.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag in the yellow bar

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search