Mariana Rohlig Sa  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:21
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 26, 2011

Hi all,

The symbols -{}- appeared in the yellow bar as I was translating a sequence. I might have accidently typed in the blue bar before that so it might have been caused by that? After that Trados was running very slowly and wouldn't save and open a new segment, but simply only save it. I have switched my laptop of and reopened the document and it seems to be running fine again. However, in that specific sequence the symbols remain. Should I just delete them or might it interfere with the clean up? Or can I just delete them after the clean up? Would it then cause any problems for the agency when handling the document?

Thank you for any comments and help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Delete those characters Jan 26, 2011

Use repair document then.
And switch to TagEditor or better to SDL Trados Studio 2009.
Word interface is a dead end now.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag in the yellow bar

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search