Trados 2009 SP3 error: Word2003.sdlfiletype
Thread poster: Jeff Clingenpeel

Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:02
German to English
Jan 27, 2011

Hello everyone,

I've recently upgraded Trados Studio to the SP3 version (which I incidentally would not recommend doing -- if it weren't for the proz forum I would never have even been able to open the new software -- thanks again to Jerzy Czopik for the invaluable product support! Is there any way of awarding Kudos points for this?). I now have a new error, which doesn't seem to be extreme -- I don't think it hurts anything, it's just irritating to have to get rid of the error message every time I 1) copy text from the source language 2) copy formatting from the source language 3) use the concordance 4) there are many other situations, i.e., it's virtually constant.

Here's the message:

Error thrown by a dependency of object 'QuickTags' defined in 'transformed file [C:\.....\Word2003.sdlfiletype]': Initialization of object failed : Cannot find matching factory method 'Create on Type [Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.IntegrationApi.IconDescriptor]. while resolving 'constructor argument [0]' to '(inner object)' defined in 'transformed file [C:\...\Word2003.sdlfiletype]' while resolving 'Icon' to '(inner object)' defined in 'transformed file [C:\...\Word2003.sdlfiletype]'

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd be very grateful for whatever help you could give. I've scanned through the forums, but didn't find this particular error, at least nothing close enough that I was sure it applied...

Thanks,
Jeff Clingenpeel

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:02
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Recreating the content of File Formats folder may help Jan 27, 2011

Please locate this folder: C:\Users\your_username\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\File Types
Make a backup copy of it and empty it then.
Now go to C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\Studio1\File Types, copy the content from there and paste in the above folder.

Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:02
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 28, 2011

Thank you very much Jerzy, for your help again!

Michael McCain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:02
Arabic to English
+ ...
Any other ideas? Apr 21, 2011

I've tried recreating the content of File Formats folder on about a dozen projects and this has never worked for me. I'm eager to hear whether anyone's found a fix to this bug....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 SP3 error: Word2003.sdlfiletype

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search