Trados 2009 error: 'SDL XLIFF validation error' and more.
Thread poster: Badenach
Badenach
Local time: 16:39
Jan 29, 2011

Hello

I cannot open my .sdlproj or .sdlxliff file after Trados has updated to the newest version. It returns with the errors:

"SDL XLIFF validation error: '.' hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 37262, position 2801998."

and

"There is an error in XML document (37262, 2801998)."

If I click the "projects" button in Trados and click on my project it returns with "An error occurred whilst whilst trying to determine the file version."

What do you suggest?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:39
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to rename the Projects.xml Jan 29, 2011

located in SDL Trados Studio\Projects withing your Documents or My Documents, depending on the system

Delete the Trados setting files:
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\UserSettings.xml

Now restart Studio by double clicking on the sdlproj file.
If this does not help, recreate the project and use the SDLXLIFF file from the target folder to update the Project TM in your new project.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 error: 'SDL XLIFF validation error' and more.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search