Thread poster: Frank Jensen

Frank Jensen  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:00
Member (2013)
English to Danish
+ ...
Feb 1, 2011

I have just finished translating a file, which I originally analysed in SDL Trados 2007 8.2.0.835 (the version prior to the one shipped with SDL Trados 2009 Studio SP3).

After analysing it in SDL Trados 2007 8.3.0.863 I find 9000 untranslated words in the new analysis.

It seems that this version includes tags in the analysis. At least that is my best bet.

Anyone experienced problems with the analysis in the mentioned version and how did you solve the problem (if you did)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
File format? Feb 1, 2011

Which translation memory are you using? The same as for translation? Another one? Empty one? Do you analyse a Word file?

Spain
Member (2013)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Steps to reproduce Feb 1, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Which translation memory are you using? The same as for translation? Another one? Empty one? Do you analyse a Word file?

Here are the steps:

1. Analyse Word 2003 RTF document in SDL Trados 2007 8.2.0.835.
2. Analyse Word 2003 RTF document in SDL Trados 2007 8.3.0.863

Result: 9000 words more in the analysis made in step 2.

The file contains a very high number of tags of type seen below (around 70 pages).

I suspect that these words are counted too. As if the program does not leave out tw4winExternal tags from the analysis.

data
ns1:job xmlns:ns1="http://tradofy.stendahls.net" ns1:languages destinationLanguage="17" sourceLanguage="0" /ns1:group--ns1:content hashcode="932275414" textbaseid="722801" textid="1488514" version="1"..ns1:translate id="0"../ns1:translate../ns1:content--ns1:content hashcode="932275414" textbaseid="722740" textid="1488452" version="1"--ns1:translate id="0"--/ns1:translate--/ns1:content--ns1:content hashcode="932275414" textbaseid="722686" textid="1488398" version="1"--ns1:translate

I have taken out the < and > since this forum removes the text otherwise...

[Edited at 2011-02-01 12:37 GMT]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Thanks Feb 1, 2011

What happens when you change the format to Word?
Is in Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools "TRADOStag xml workflow" for any file type selected?

Spain
Member (2013)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Changed settings makes no difference Feb 2, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

What happens when you change the format to Word?
Is in Options - Translation Memory Options - Tools "TRADOStag xml workflow" for any file type selected?

I have not tried to change format to Word (I assume that you are referring to changing from RTF to DOC), but I do choose the corresponding file format when adding the files for analysis.

I have tried to do the analysis with ALL of the settings available in the dialog and there is no difference in result. Thus, selecting TRADOStag xml workflow or not makes no difference.

[Edited at 2011-02-02 08:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Faulty analysis in SDL Trados 2007 8.3.0.863

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search