Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Feb 1, 2011

Hello

I just wanted to inform anyone interested, that I cannot provide any support more on Trados 2007 and earlier used in conjunction with Word as editor.
This is simply because this way of working is obsolete to me and I stopped to use it more than 3 years ago, having this forgotten most necessary information to deal with problems in that combination.
I also cannot support any older Trados version than SDL Trados 2007 Suite, because I simply do not have the software installed anymore and cannot check anything there.

Kind regards
Jerzy Czopik

Direct link Reply with quote

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:17
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks Feb 1, 2011

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for answering all our questions, your support was amazing.

Selcuk

Laurent KRAULAND  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Thanks a lot from me too. Feb 1, 2011

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Hi Jerzy,

Thanks for answering all our questions, your support was amazing.

Selcuk

Although I am not a Trados user anymore, I appreciate your interventions in the fora very much.

Thanks a lot from me too.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your kind words Feb 1, 2011

This is not about dropping the support altogether and not willing to help anymore, but just about stopping to look after questions regarding software I do not use anymore.
I simply noticed it takes much to much time to answer the questions to that software, from which most hast already been aswered so often in the past (ie font change within Word when translating with Trados, missing toolbar and so on).
Instead of loosing my time and temper for that I simply decided to stop there to spare my forces for what is important now - latest versions. The changes between Trados 2007 and Studio are huge, thus the need for support on Studio is much bigger.

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:17
English to Spanish
A big "thank you", Jerzy Feb 1, 2011

I always read with a lot of interest your answers to other posters' questions, and I learn a lot from them.

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Thank you very much, Jerzy Feb 1, 2011

I am truly awed by the amount of energy and time that you have invested and continue to invest into providing Trados support. Thanks a lot!

Attila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dropping support for Word based Trados and for Trados versions prior to 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search