Studio 2009 won't pre-translate/populate
Thread poster: Crystal Samples

Crystal Samples  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:18
French to English
+ ...
Feb 2, 2011

Sorry if I don't have the correct lingo, but I recently upgraded from Trados 2007 to 2009, so bear with me.

I am at the end of a VERY large project and the last few files contain all text that I have translated in previous documents; however, I cannot figure out how to make Trados "populate" the segments with my previous translations. Is there something I am doing wrong? I have been trying to update the TM and all that, but nothing is working.

I appreciate any help you can give. Let me know if you need more information about my plight.

Sincerely,
Crystal Samples

Direct link Reply with quote

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:18
Member (2004)
German to English
Go to file view Feb 2, 2011

Highlight all files. Go to batch tasks and choose "Update main TMs" and "Update project TMs" if you are using them. Open the doc you want to translate. Check you have selected the right TMs (the ones you just updated) from Tools - Options Language pairs - choose the relevant language pair - Translation memories.

Go back to the file in Editor view and translate.
Hope that works for you.
Gillian

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 won't pre-translate/populate

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search