Thread poster: Wolf Kux

Wolf Kux  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:32
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 2, 2011

I have a problem on generating a Word file Preview from a translation on Trados 2009 SP3. TRADOS does not generate the .doc file, sending this messages:

++++ Start +++++++

-
Missing bookmark start tag with name: _Toc446403200. Writing to Word document not possible.
-
Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Adapter.Framework1
-
- b__0()
bei Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action)
bei Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.Job._worker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
bei System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)
]]>

-
SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
NULL
Escritório-PC\Escritório
ESCRITÓRIO-PC
True
8387816 MB

++++ End +++++++

I did not found any bookmark / tag with this name: Toc446403200 .

I run Windows 7 Ultimate with 8 GB RAM, and lot of disk space.

I installed a small correction of SP3, delivered on Jan, 31 2011. Since my client needs those target Word files, not TRADOS ones, how I can correct this error?

Before I updated TRADOS yesterday, I did not had this problem.

I need urgent solution! Thank you very much in advance!

[Editada em 2011-02-02 11:57 GMT]

[Editada em 2011-02-02 11:57 GMT]

[Editada em 2011-02-02 12:20 GMT]

Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:32
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Terrible! Feb 2, 2011

I also have Studio 2009 and did the updates. Would you like to send me your file to see if I can open and convert it with my program?

Brazil
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Which is your program ... Feb 2, 2011

Cristina Heraud-van Tol wrote:

I also have Studio 2009 and did the updates. Would you like to send me your file to see if I can open and convert it with my program?

... you'll want use to open it?

About my file - the trouble is that I signed a confidentiality agreement with my client, so I can not send it to others.

Gail Bond  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:32
Member (2009)
French to English
Table of contents? Feb 2, 2011

In the absence of any 'experts' replying (!) I was wondering whether your document contains a table of contents (toc), and it's this that's causing the problem, since your error message is _Toc446403200? Maybe try deleting the TOC from your source document, re-import it and populate the translation from the TM, and see whether that works? You can then of course automatically re-create your TOC in the target document.

Just a thought...

Cristina Heraud-van Tol  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 20:32
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
OK, then don't worry Feb 2, 2011

Wolf Kux wrote:

About my file - the trouble is that I signed a confidentiality agreement with my client, so I can not send it to others.

I also have Studio 2009, but what happens (inexplicably), is that these programs work differently in different computers. I had problems a couple times with files in SDLX and Trados, and some translators from Proz offered their help, they opened the files with their programs, worked perfectly there and then sent me the target files. I was just saying I could try. If you are worried about the confidentiality, I promise not to keep the file, share it with anyone, I will erase it immediately, etc., etc.

Well, it's up to you...

Brazil
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Feb 2, 2011

Wolf Kux wrote:

I also have Studio 2009, but what happens (inexplicably), is that these programs work differently in different computers. I had problems a couple times with files in SDLX and Trados, and some translators from Proz offered their help, they opened the files with their programs, worked perfectly there and then sent me the target files. I was just saying I could try. If you are worried about the confidentiality, I promise not to keep the file, share it with anyone, I will erase it immediately, etc., etc.

Well, it's up to you...

Thank you for your help! The confidentiality concern is that I showed to my client that I am trying to find a solution showing this post, which he also could access. So his first objection was "not to show the source file under any circumstances".

But trying another problem approach, I corrected the problem in a, let's say, blindly manner: on TRADOS I turned the options "Show all tags" and "show all segments" (or alike) on and found some tags that did not get copied to target segments.

Some of them I copied with Alt + Insert Keys, and, voilà, one of this target segment with missing tags was the problem.

Problem gone.

Ufa! (As we say in Brazil!)

Many thanks to all ho helped on this post.

[Editada em 2011-02-02 20:52 GMT]

Brazil
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another solution approach for this problem. Feb 9, 2011

I've got this problem twice, and tried another solution, that worked nice. Here it is:

1) Close file on translation;
2) open it again, but now "for checking";
3) on Format / View tags , mark "View full tags";
4) run F8 "check translation" (or alike).
5) You've got a new window inside Trados, showing all messages, including this one problem message.
6) Click on this message, and Trados goes to the corresponding segment that should be corrected.
7) Now you may see the error that caused this issue.

That's it!

I think that Trados programmers could do a good job for us translators if they encapsulate all those steps above to run on a PF Key.

As a programmer, I think that is a very easy implementation - 2 or 3 workdays of a programmer, since all subroutines are working.

All above expressions between "..." should be considered alike, since I am using a german version of Trados.

janedin  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:32
German to English
Non-specific indication of failure to save target file Jan 18, 2016

I had the same fault and found that I had omitted a bookmark end. I inserted this and tried again to save the target. I got the same error type (Missing bookmark end tag with name_Ref430715915) but this time F8 pointed to the very first segment in editor, the one with the yellow tag giving the name of the file. Any ideas?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TRADOS Preview on target file

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search