Thread poster: Karolina Cywka

Karolina Cywka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:33
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 3, 2011

Dear ProZ users,
I am a new SDL Trados 2009 user and when I try to save the target text I get an error " Failed to save target content. Error while converting to Word Document". I use Microsoft Office 2007. Any suggestions and tips will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Karolina Cywka

Direct link Reply with quote

Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solution found Feb 3, 2011

I have already found the solution so no help needed anymore

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 02:33
English to French
+ ...
Check tabs Feb 3, 2011

This can happen for various reasons, but in my experience the most common situation is that some "tags" were missed.

To see your tabs, from the top of your screen click Format, Tag display mode, Full tags. Then you should make sure all tabs in your source text are also in your translation. Of course certain tabs such as hyphens don't have to be transferred. You can also press F8 to make a verification of your document, this will generate a series of messages showing where something is wrong in your target document.

[Edited at 2011-02-04 13:00 GMT]

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Too late Feb 3, 2011

Apparently I came seven minutes too late. See you next time.

Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
What was your solution? Feb 4, 2011

I had exactly the same problem this evening. The source doc was in Word 2007 docx format (I was using TagEditor/Workbench 8.3.0.863). I saved the document in Word 2003 format, translated it, saved it successfully, then resaved it in Word 2007 format. Checking the original ttx document with the tag verifier didn't produce any useful information, such as missing/mismatched tags.

Please share your solution to that others may learn (there have been a number of queries on this subject, and a number of solutions proposed, none of which worked for me).

Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I had a beginning tag missing in one lin Feb 4, 2011

I had a beginning tag missing in one line, the error disappeared after I had corrected the tag

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados error saving target document

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search