Off topic: Who receives the error: A connection to MultiTerm Server unknown could not be established. Please..
Thread poster: SDL Community

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:33
English
Feb 4, 2011

Hello everyone

The last couple of weeks we encountered the problem that users who try to load the "Open Termbase" dialog in SDL MultiTerm 2009 receive the error:

A connection to MultiTerm Server unknown could not be established. Please check your server connection details.

This error was known so far and could be solved by following the steps from the KB article:

But as already said this appeared in the last couple of weeks more often and the mentioned articles didn´t solved the issue and the users were not able to open any termbase.

We are investigating this problem at the moment.
Therefore everyone who receives the error
A connection to MultiTerm Server unknown could not be established. Please check your server connection details. (and the above KB articles do not result in fixing this error)
can give me any hint to contact him/her in this post and I will try to get in touch with you asap.

Please note that in this case I can only help if users receive this specific error and the above KB articles led to no resolution.

Kind regards
Richard

SDL Technologies Support Team

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Reynaud  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
I received this error and Termbase not working correctly Feb 5, 2011

However, when I go to the kb article, even though it gives instructions to download a file, there is no file attached to download. Where can I find it?

Kind regards,
Claudia Reynaud

julienwp
France
English to French
Link available on the right Feb 6, 2011

Claudia Reynaud wrote:

However, when I go to the kb article, even though it gives instructions to download a file, there is no file attached to download. Where can I find it?

Kind regards,
Claudia Reynaud

Hi Claudia,

The files you're looking for are available on the right-hand side pane, under Attachments

Regards.

Julien

Claudia Reynaud  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Feb 6, 2011

Geez, I'm feeling pretty dumb right now. Thank you so much for your help. I downloaded and installed the file, and even though I got some error messages after installation, TermBase is now working as it should.

Thanks again and kind regards,
Claudia.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Feb 8, 2011

Dear users

Everyone who encounter this problem mentioned in the initial post can breathe again.

The solution is to install the MSXML 4.0 SP3 version that can be downloaded here:
http://piks.nl/U27

When the downloaded is finished please close all SDL applications and then execute the downloaded "msxml.msi" and install the latest version of MSXML 4.0.

Please note that everyone who is using SDL Trados 2007 should run the self registration batch file found in Start > All Programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 > Trados > Register SDL Trados 2007.
It is also located in the installation folder by default C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2007\TT\selfregister.bat.

Also note that if you have Windows Vista/7 please right-click on the selfregister.bat in the default folder or "Register SDL Trados 2007" inthe startmenu and choose "Run as administrator".

This will reapply the SDL Trados 2007 components with the Microsoft Windows libaries/registration entries that initially were written at the time of installation.

Kind regards
Richard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who receives the error: A connection to MultiTerm Server unknown could not be established. Please..

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search