Exact matches in concordance search (SDL Trados Studio 2009)
Thread poster: kniffler
kniffler
Local time: 01:57
Feb 4, 2011

Hello everyone,

that is perhaps a stupid question, but is it possible in Studio to obtain only "real" exact matches and no fuzzy matches while performing a concordance search?
An example:
If I look for the expression "portant des disposition sociales" and I put it in the concordance search, I get results such as "portant des disposition diverses et sociales" or "portant ... dispositions ... sociales", in other words fuzzy matches. However, if I just want to have this exact expression, is there a way to do it? Quotation marks don't work neither ...

I would be very happy if you can help me!
Thanks very much in advance!

Kniffler

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Adjust the match value Feb 4, 2011

Go to 'Project Settings - All Language Pairs - Translation memory and ... - Search" and adjust the minimum match value for Concordance.

Walter

kniffler
TOPIC STARTER
Not exactly what I'm looking for ... Feb 4, 2011

Hi Walter,

I've done this but it's not exactly what I'm looking for.
The programme only shows me the 100 % matches when I set the value to 100 , that's right, but in these 100 % matches are also matches I don't want.

For example:
I'm looking for the expression "sur la base de la loi" and the programme gives me 100% results such as
"Le demandeur d'asile peut faire parvenir ses observations ou documents complémentaires à l'Office des Etrangers uniquement si la demande d'asile est examinée sur la base de l'article 51/8 ou 51/5 de la loi et qu'aucune décision n'a encore été portée à sa connaissance le jour même de l'audition".

However, I would like to have the exact expression "sur la base de la loi".

kniffler

Nico Micarelli
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Exact matches in concordance search (not automatically recognised as exact/fuzzy matches) Feb 5, 2011

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am not sure whether I was supposed to open a new thread for this, but my topic seems to be quite similar to the one opened by Kniffler.

I created an empty memory with Trados Studio 2009 and then I imported a TM previously created with Trados 2007. The memory seems to work fine, however during the translation I do not automatically get matches in the TM unless I do a manual concordance search. I have noticed that in the TM window the text string [...] is enclosed between a number of tags, e.g.

< /cf >< cf complexscriptssize="12"> [...] < / cf >< cf style="tw4winMark" font="Courier New" complexscriptssize="12" asiantextfont="Courier New" fontcolor="800080" subscript="on" hidden="on" >

So I suspect this might be due to the fact that the above tags are not recognized as non-translatable text. Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your help!

[Modificato alle 2011-02-05 12:03 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2011-02-05 12:04 GMT]

[Modificato alle 2011-02-05 12:04 GMT]

kniffler
TOPIC STARTER
Delete the tags in the TM Feb 7, 2011

Hi Nico,

I'm not sure if this works but perhaps you could try to delete all tags in your TM (if they are not important for your work, that is).

You can do this in the TM view, via file/modification in batch mode/add/delete tags (or something like that, my interface is in French ...).

I hope this works!

Kniffler

Nico Micarelli
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
No tag was removed... Feb 8, 2011

Hi Kniffler!
Thank you very much for your reply.
I have tried the batch edit but the tags are still there... I really do not understand why Trados Studio does not automatically recognise them as tags when TWB would certainly do.
Thank you anyway for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exact matches in concordance search (SDL Trados Studio 2009)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search