Thread poster: chofi

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:36
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2011

Hi everyone, I'm very new in Trados in general. I have a project that I was working on in Trados 2007, but I downloaded a 2009 version trial and I wanted to import that project so that I can work in 2009. I was able to import the TM, but how can I import the actual source and target files? I don't see the project in the project tab, I only see the TM and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry but I am really new. Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:36
English to French
+ ...
Import Feb 5, 2011

You have many options:

What kind of project were you working on ttx, etc.

You need to create a new project in 2009 and select the type of file and then follow the prompts, Project, Files, TM, Termbase, etc.

Hope this helps

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trying Feb 5, 2011

Hi, thanks for your response, it's a simple project, a word document. I'm trying what you said but when I get to termbase I'm not sure what to do. I downloaded an autosuggest dictionary on line but where can I get a sample term base or Im not sure really what that is or if I need it if I already have that dictionary. Thanks and sorry again for all the questions,
Chofi

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bilingual document Feb 5, 2011

Hi again, disregard last message about term base, but when I got to the screen that said preparing project, and it started to convert to translatable format it gave me a message that says Bilingual document. It's because I already started translating the file in Trados 2007, but how do I fix that? Thanks Sofia

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:36
French to German
+ ...
Which editor did you use in 2007? Feb 6, 2011

If you translated your Word document using Tag Edfitor, you can save the TTX file in Tag Editor, open it in Studio 2009 and go on translating.

If however you have done the translation in WORD directly, then you'll need to start from scratch again because Studio does not support the old bilingual WORD format any more.

You'll have to open the source Word document in Studio and start from scratch. You may however recuperate the sentences you have already translated by doing a filtered export of your 2007 TM and importing it into your 2009 TM.

On the other hand, if it is not a very large project, I would suggest that you finish this translation in 2007 and start using Studio 2009 for your upcoming translations.

Walter

P.S.: You cannot import a project from 2007 to Studio 2009 (2007 did not use "projects").

[Bearbeitet am 2011-02-06 17:45 GMT]

chofi  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 6, 2011

Thank you Walter, it was in word so I guess I'm better off doing what you said, thanks again
Chofi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to import project from 2007 to 2009

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search