https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/191384-trying_to_import_project_from_2007_to_2009.html

Trying to import project from 2007 to 2009
Thread poster: Sofia Villella
Sofia Villella
Sofia Villella  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:43
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 5, 2011

Hi everyone, I'm very new in Trados in general. I have a project that I was working on in Trados 2007, but I downloaded a 2009 version trial and I wanted to import that project so that I can work in 2009. I was able to import the TM, but how can I import the actual source and target files? I don't see the project in the project tab, I only see the TM and I don't know what to do. I'm sorry but I am really new. Thanks!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:43
English to French
+ ...
Import Feb 5, 2011

You have many options:

What kind of project were you working on ttx, etc.

You need to create a new project in 2009 and select the type of file and then follow the prompts, Project, Files, TM, Termbase, etc.

Hope this helps

Sofia Villella
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trying Feb 5, 2011

Hi, thanks for your response, it's a simple project, a word document. I'm trying what you said but when I get to termbase I'm not sure what to do. I downloaded an autosuggest dictionary on line but where can I get a sample term base or Im not sure really what that is or if I need it if I already have that dictionary. Thanks and sorry again for all the questions,
Chofi

Sofia Villella
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bilingual document Feb 5, 2011

Hi again, disregard last message about term base, but when I got to the screen that said preparing project, and it started to convert to translatable format it gave me a message that says Bilingual document. It's because I already started translating the file in Trados 2007, but how do I fix that? Thanks Sofia

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 11:43
French to German
+ ...
Which editor did you use in 2007? Feb 6, 2011

If you translated your Word document using Tag Edfitor, you can save the TTX file in Tag Editor, open it in Studio 2009 and go on translating.

If however you have done the translation in WORD directly, then you'll need to start from scratch again because Studio does not support the old bilingual WORD format any more.

You'll have to open the source Word document in Studio and start from scratch. You may however recuperate the sentences you have already translated by doin
... See more
If you translated your Word document using Tag Edfitor, you can save the TTX file in Tag Editor, open it in Studio 2009 and go on translating.

If however you have done the translation in WORD directly, then you'll need to start from scratch again because Studio does not support the old bilingual WORD format any more.

You'll have to open the source Word document in Studio and start from scratch. You may however recuperate the sentences you have already translated by doing a filtered export of your 2007 TM and importing it into your 2009 TM.

On the other hand, if it is not a very large project, I would suggest that you finish this translation in 2007 and start using Studio 2009 for your upcoming translations.

Walter

P.S.: You cannot import a project from 2007 to Studio 2009 (2007 did not use "projects").

[Bearbeitet am 2011-02-06 17:45 GMT]
Collapse

Sofia Villella
United States
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 6, 2011

Thank you Walter, it was in word so I guess I'm better off doing what you said, thanks again
Chofi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trying to import project from 2007 to 2009

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »